1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Feb 28, 2020.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

just cause....... i googled the symptoms and according to the CDC its pretty much, tiredness, fever, dry couch is their a better site?

• Like Like x 1
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Try this
    There’s a nice clean list with %s
    Signs of Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Hope it helps
    Also has a comparison matrix down further the page
    Cold vs Flu vs Allergies vs CV19

I’d do both your doctor and test site.
    That way it covers you either way
    In case one screws up or takes longer
    The bureaucracy fucks these things up often enough.
    (Or one test is bad...which can happen)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. ralphie250

Well my test is monday at 1115. its in downtown atlanta. and the guy that works beside me has one at the same time

i went home yesterday, took a shower. laid down across the bed and fell asleep. my head was killing me. my wife woke me up about 815 and asked if i wanted food or if i wanted to sleep. i choose sleep. i got up about 845 went outside had a cigarette, went back to bed and woke up this morning when my alarm went off. ive never done that. yes i got up about every 2 hours and peed. for some reason i have a hard time urinating. its not a kidney stone, i know what those feel like. not sure what thats all about

my boss is being a dick.....hes one that will guilt trip people. i mentioned about getting tested and all i herd was "why? you seem fine. everyone else bailed why do you want to do that too?" kinda pissed me off. im the one person here who never misses days, never calls in, i do what i have to do. and thas the thanks i get? fuck him. i should have stayed home today but i didnt feel like hearing his mouth. its not my fault he dont like being home.

headache is still there today, yesterday it was a 10 this morning its about a 6.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. rogue49

@ralphie250 your boss IS being a dick
    And he’s endangering his staff including you.

You keep protecting yourself
    Your health is the most important thing right now.

It’s great that you’re getting tested
    This will help being aware

BTW, symptoms from the illness don’t have to be consistent, they can go up & down.

Just treat yourself right
    But it would be good advice to do some social distancing with your family, if you can.
    Staying in other rooms if possible
    Perhaps wearing a mask around them may be helpful to prevent them from getting it further.
    Just sayin’

Just take care, dude
    You’re important too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Joelski

Joelski Vertical

Headache, dry cough, fever. Fever is the driver of test/don’t test. Get a thermometer. Also, the test can be false negative in early stages because the virus has a long latent phase before symptoms become apparent and that’s what makes it so easy to pass around because people feel and look fine.

We’ve had such poor access to testing where I live and most places around the country that all we can do is tell people to assume they have the illness and treat it the way they would any other flu. It’s viral and has to run its course. People with health issues should pay close attention to their bodies and call their doctor for advice at the slightest sign of congestion. Not putting off and minimizing warning signs can be the difference between a moderately rocky recovery and progressing into adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and requiring intubation and ventilator support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Go up to your boss, corner him, stand about a foot from him, and explain (with plenty of strong exhales) how you're feeling. Cough a lot. And sneeze.

OK doing the above is very unwise and unhealthy, but it would be fun.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ralphie250

Yes hes being a dick, at the same time i kinda get it, hes under pressure too. but that's no reason to guilt trip the employees that are still here.

last week their were about 8 techs that voluntary took 14 days quarantine. and theirs nothing wrong with that. that left 7 of us. so that's about half. another sales man tested positive yesterday. that leaves 3 sales people up front. every time someone tests positive they come in and "sanitize". makes you wonder at what point do they close the place due to no employees? our general manager is on his 14 day quarantine.

@Chris Noyb im that guy. i give no fucks. anyone that knows me will tell ya that. ive always been the one who says it like it is. his problem is that he hates being home, so he thinks that everyone does too. which is not the case. but what goes around comes around.

the lingering affects of this head ache is fucking annoying.

• Like Like x 4
  8. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

Hope your test comes back negative @ralphie250 .

Strange times but you need to look after you and yours.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ralphie250

today is the day....

my headache was gone yesterday, woke up today and its back.... Really...

• Like Like x 2
  10. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Good luck. If you *are* positive, follow the isolation rules - and please make sure your family does, too. If you are negative, rejoice, but continue to be careful.

I was tested a few weeks ago. That swab is terrible, and I had both nostrils done. My colleague who was also tested only had to have one side swabbed.

• Like Like x 3
  11. ralphie250

Here now. In line in the car. Tgis place is fucking crazy

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

Some parents just don't understand.

When the school where my wife teaches first announced they were going to cyber classes, one of the parents had a fit. He demanded that his three children have regular classes, and took his complaints as far up the ladder as he could.

He was adamant that he would continue to allow each one of his kids their one hour a day of internet time. Most people can understand him not wanting his children to live on, and live for, the internet. But these are extraordinary circumstances, and concessions and compromises are necessary.

His children are falling way behind because they aren't allowed enough internet time to keep up with their classes. And the father refuses to budge.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. ralphie250

Sounds like he dosent want to help his kids......

My daughter does her work every day. Some days she has zoom classes tgag last anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours. Depending on the class. Some days shes doing work for 3 hours, others its 4 or 5. But she knows if she wants barn time school is first.

I tested negative as well as the guy that works beside me. We had another tech that went and tested positive

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  14. Chris Noyb

Congrats on the negative test!!

According to my wife the parent in question does help his kids with their school work. He just has some strong anti-internet feelings and doesn't realize the schools are doing what is best.

• Like Like x 1
  15. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Congratulations, so glad to hear it.

Not to be an asshole though but it sounds like you are working in a petri dish.
    I'd use some of that time off to avoid getting it.
    Keep your family from risk.

• Like Like x 3
  16. rogue49

I agree
    You’re important too [mention]ralphie250 [/mention]
    Stick around for awhile longer, y’know?
    We kinda like ya. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
  17. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

daily-morning-awesomeness-40-photos-29-13.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

Vintage creepy photo print poster men walking in top hats with.jpg

Unusual german WW2 photos.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. rogue49

20. ralphie250

well the ga governor decided to open up parts of the state.... hes an idiot.
    seems like the places that he has decided to open are places where people gather. kinda fucking dumb if you ask me.

• Like Like x 4