1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Feb 28, 2020.

1. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

My office is reopening on June 15th. Full staff with the exception of the field staff, they are staggered throughout the week. Masks are mandatory, only 2 people at a time in the bathroom (?), only 6 people in the breakroom at one time, tables in the breakroom can only have 1 person per table. I usually eat in my office so that doesn't affect me. Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

My wife had a doctor's appointment yesterday morning, for her general check-up. I had to stay in the car. Wifey says they took many precautions.

The weird part:

Wifey got sent to Quest Diagnostics for a blood draw, it was a very small office inside a grocery store. They had my wife switch to a paper "medical" mask from the cloth one she was wearing.

Their effort at social distancing was laughable because the waiting room was small....very small. The design made six feet of separation for more than two patients impossible. And this was with people waiting outside, and shopping carrying a buzzer.

And they had no hand sanitizer. Allow me to repeat that in more detail: A branch office of Quest Diagnostics had EMPTY bottles of hand sanitizer in their office. Per my wife the woman who drew her blood changed gloves, but didn't wash or sanitize her hands.

3. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I donated blood on Monday, and it was the first place I was in that I saw 100% compliance with the masks. Even though I was wearing a P100 full face one that they should be wearing, it was good to see. They did wear gloves and had hand sanitizer. They also wiped down the seats.

The only downfall to their plan was that the snacks and drinks were still inside for the post donation waiting period, although I waited until I was outside to eat anything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

Time for some sexy girls in short shorts (34 pics ___.jpg

Unfortunately.

• Like Like x 4
  5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

good luck, stay safe

6. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Did anyone mention Surgisphere's faked dataset on hydroquinone?
    Slashdot

• Like Like x 3
  7. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Do we know it's a outright fake at this point?
    I thought we were more at the point of "this needs verification and so far it isn't forthcoming."

8. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I haven't looked at the data, but since it appears that there are still a lot of cases and a lot of deaths, I'm going to say that it doesn't work. I thought the plasma transfusion treatments would have had a higher success rate too, as there should be tens of thousands of recovered patients to get plasma from and give it to anyone entering the hospital.

9. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Jury is still out, officially.
    But journals don't like redacting papers unless proven necessary. It looks bad.

10. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. MrMD069

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go...tomorrow. Basically fully staffed, masks in place, lots of hand sanitizer, lots of cleaning up after yourself. Gonna be AWESOME! NOT!

But, better safe than in intensive care.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Chris Noyb

Are you allowed to carry some type of bleach spray (regular aerosol disinfectant doesn't kill Covid-19) to enforce social distancing?

Joking....sort of.

• Like Like x 2
  13. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Lysol spray is gold

• Like Like x 1
  14. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

seems like with everything going on in the country, the corona virus has taken a back seat. which in my opinion is a bad bad thing

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Chris Noyb

In Texas "we" keep following the gradual reopening steps while our number of positive Covid-19 tests keeps rising.

And Houston is a hotspot.

16. MrMD069

They actually have stuff all over, handwipes, spray bottles, hand sanitizers, etc. Lots of signs reminding everyone to keep their masks on and sanitize after every use, even the coffee stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

We Americans are very much like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. We touch the electric fence over and over, and if we don't get zapped we think it will always be safe.

Part of it is that the guidance wasn't as well thought out and planned as it should have been. I know cities have disaster plans, but I can't believe that states didn't have an airborne pandemic plan ready to go. I can't believe that with all of the bio-terrorism training and chemical warfare/chemical spill training that hospitals weren't setup to operate in a hazardous environment. But there also wasn't a plan for the grocery stores, getting people home that were traveling without stuffing them on planes, and dealing with people who had second homes outside of the big city hot zones that might have spread it to the other areas... And because of this mess and without leadership telling us what we need to know, people just assume that the risk is low and they won't get it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

So the folks attending Shyster Trump's rally will be required to sign a waiver saying they won't sue if they catch Covid-19. That says a lot about how well we have covid-19 "under control."

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I bet people will be traveling from all over to go to that event too. Especially since they are pissed off at the BLM protests hurting their campaign and giving Democrats media attention and momentum.

I just worry about how many people they will infect in service jobs and medical staff.

• Like Like x 1
  20. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

Oz did the lockdown idea really hard and only over the last couple of weeks, with our country number of new cases in the teens, have we started opening up again. We do have state borders that are still basically locked down. I fully expect there to be a second wave here, but it appears we have done well in controlling the initial spread. If we had been fortunate enough to be even smarter with a few cases (like the Ruby Princess - Ruby Princess would have been assessed as medium Covid-19 risk, health official tells inquiry) why may have even been better off.

Anyone entering Oz at the moment (mostly nationals returning home) are forced into a mandatory 14 day lock down period in a hotel room. Once they enter the room, they are not allowed out for 14 days. We have had a few new cases caught during this process, but very little community transmission.

Our supermarkets have dedicated staff to wipe down trolleys and baskets, dispense hand sanitiser and control numbers in the store at any one time. They have also installed perspex screens for the checkout operator and between each self checkout area. Masks are optional, but quite common.

I still think we are in for a world of economic pain once the government shuts off the payments they are making to keep businesses open, and I think we are a long way from opening our borders to anyone (perhaps with the exception of New Zealand) and that has a dramatic effect on our tourism industry.

• Like Like x 4