1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Feb 28, 2020.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member Donor

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

thats great

3. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted Donor

I don't see kids getting "traumatized" by giving them access to TV, video games, the internet, YouTube, and a unch of other distractions. Even if they came up with outdoor activities to do with friends, it isn't that bad.

But he is right about 2021 or even 2022 before things get back to normal if the vaccine works, but takes time to distribute.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what? Donor

Click to embiggen (worth it)

IMG_0350.JPG IMG_0352.JPG IMG_0384.JPG IMG_0913.JPG IMG_1411.JPG IMG_0909.JPG

...Tbh, internet gold—like these memes—is the only thing getting me through this.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rogue49

‎Las Vegas is a ghost town; even the strippers are saying, 'Sorry, we're clothed'

What doesn’t go in Vegas, nothing stays in Vegas

Must be a strange place to be now
    Not in a good way it was before

5 day package including flight & room is only $250
    Not that it’s worth the risk.

Nor do ya want to be gambling
    Considering we don’t know what is coming
    It’s still screwing with the economy too.
    Not a bet I would take...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DamnitAll

I still can't get my head around what's been going on with the crime spike in New York (NBC News, Wall Street Journal [paywall], WaPo), particularly on the Upper West Side—my college years stomping grounds—in the wake of a hotel being used for homeless housing to ease overcrowding in shelters due to the pandemic (NY Times). I haven't been following the details super closely, but it sounds like what I remember hearing about of crime-ridden NYC in the 80s.

@cynthetiq, what do things actually look like to someone that's actually living there?

• Like Like x 1
  7. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

@DamnitAll people don't want it to go back to what it was, so any uptick makes them think OMFG it's turning to hell. I moved here in 91 and that's when there were still squeegee men at every red light and you paid so that they didn't touch your car. To give you an idea as to how fast they made money, one night I was short for my $20 cab ride home and while I was extended credit from the livery guys who knew me none were there that night. I wasn't sure how I was going to get back home in NJ. So I happened to be friends with many street people which gave me some juice with other people. One of the squeegee guys knew me and I told him my predicament. He acquired $20 in about 15 minutes.

Okay back to present day, I live in the LES. Crime is up here, but crime has always been around. I live near lots of NYCHA housing.

NYPD is pissed at De Blasio, they didn't like him much to begin with. They disbanded the anti-crime unit because it is one of the most aggressive and racist units. NYPD is being accuess of a "worker slowdown". Shootings are up in some of the worst neighborhoods.

I don't feel unsafe when I go out. BUT I don't take the trains or buses because of COVID. I'm driving around on my own.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DamnitAll

I remember the squeegee men too, and the guys walking around with the roses.

9. ralphie250

I have a friend who is a stripper. I was talking to her the other day and she was telling me that they have to wear a mask. she said jokingly "its good for the ugly ones" i died laughing. but she said that they are steady as far as people coming in. i was kinda surprise

• Like Like x 3
  10. ralphie250

In atlanta they had, yes i said had what they called waterboys at busy intersections. they would sell you a bottle of water for $1. which is a good deal but after some violence the mayor put a stop to them, every now and then you will see one but not often now

11. rogue49

• Like Like x 2