1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Feb 28, 2020.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

ive considered withdrawing her from her school she is on right now and doing a online home school

• Like Like x 2
  2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I read this morning that here in GA they are not getting the vac that they said they would get

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

A common complaint.

The HUGE wealthy worldwide religious organization
    (which could operate in the red for years,
    perhaps decades, without major issues)
    for which my wife works withdrew their plan to
    vaccinate the teachers in their schools.
    The registration process was started, then cancelled.

Because the HUGE wealthy religious organization declared vaccinations unnecessary.

4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

5. rogue49

Followup...input from a medical PoC
    In TFA, it notes that it even can affect asymptomatic people.

So I wondered if that would add to the tiredness many are describing.
    Even ones who’re asymptomatic.

It would make sense, since your lungs process oxygen for energy.
    It all counts

She said that would make sense.
    Make ya a bet that scientists figure out that this crap makes you lag...even with no other symptoms.

Add that to the depression that many are getting during this time...and makes you one tired puppy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

WTF?
    I don't mean to be rude but I say again WTF?
    They had it set up and the church decided against it?
    WTF?
    That is wrong on so many levels I can't count them.

7. Chris Noyb

I think the HUGE religious organization basically started the registration process, without having a real vaccination plan in place. The decision was most likely made at a lower level, not some unusual country within Italy, but that's no excuse for offering and then withdrawing vaccination program.

The could be numerous legitimate reasons while a vaccination program wasn't workable, or it could be bullshit. I would certainly like to hear the reasoning.

My wife hesitates to give me details because my initial reaction was much like yours. "WTF? First they pretend to acknowledge covid-19, piss around with testing and contact tracing, and now decide not to give vaccinations?"

8. rogue49

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

That article states, several times, the recent claims were not backed up by new (or old for that matter) "evidence" which the US claims to have.

***Repeated accusations of wrongdoing with claims to have supporting evidence. Evidence, old and new, is never provided. This sounds extremely familiar.***

Have the Chinese put roadblocks to outside investigations? Yes.
    Does it appear that they're hiding something, have downplayed corona/covid-19 in China? Absolutely.

China is making conjecture regarding their role very easy for the US. But that doesn't make conjecture truth.

BTW/FTR I strongly suspect they're hiding something.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  10. rogue49

We’re going to have to get the real investigation with the new administration.
    There will be more competent review and judgement calls.
    From my inside track from govt, there’s still lots of info but they can’t reveal since it would put certain spies in jeopardy.

Unfortunately, most countries, including the US, are dealing with so much.
    The pandemic, medical, antivirus distribution, politics of transition and changeover and so much more.

Biden’s relationship and agenda with China will be totally different than T’s. But he’s got his hands full.

It’s going to take a LONG time for the truth to be revealed, if possible.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Don't kid yourself that China will be more compliant. I have few friends from China that said don't believe anything they say. All the information that is being gathered is from hospitals activity around Nov nd Dec, also informants if they can be believed them. It probably came from the lab. I saw that some of the laboratory workers had become ill with an unknown pneumonia.

What will it do for us if China comes clean...nothing! Damage is done and a lot of people have died because of it. All of Europe imposed tight lockdowns, face masks and it is at its worst right now. It's like the COVID took over the flu season. Hospitals are generally very busy this time of year, but with COVID it's tripled.

If anyone wants to make a change donate to Doctor without Borders. They were in Florida this past summer at Immokalee, spent two months helping 20,000 immigrant farmworkers.
    There are very poor sections like this everywhere in America. So many people focused on politics...all media lost their fucking way.

Its the poorest that suffer ALWAYS!!

12. Chris Noyb

Careful, you might whisked away by men in black suits.
    Joke...sort of.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  14. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

On the religious theme...

I really can't get my head around the draw of religion. Maybe I could a thousand years ago but not in any recent century.
    It's as frightening as hitler and trump.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2021, Original Post Date: Jan 18, 2021 ---
    Forgot the link
    What fuels ultra-Orthodox Jews' unsettling fervor for Donald Trump | Opinion
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2021 ---
    OMG dude !!
    Thanks for the heads up !!

15. rogue49

[​IMG]

The UK now has the highest Covid death rate in the world because of the second wave.

Interesting stats...
    Some that are high...you haven’t even heard in the news.

Shows you the bias of highlighting that the news puts out. (not that it's evil intent...just what areas sell news more)
    Now I can see focused on your own location and nation... (US shows US, UK shows UK, etc...)
    Still, only countries of “note” get shown, even in the global news.
    (I haven’t heard anything about the Czech Republic, for example)

Interesting, nature doesn’t care about politics or society whatsoever

It’s only what you do, right and wrong
    And even then it’s too late.
    But also, doing something is better than nothing...as Sweden found out.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  16. Chris Noyb

No country would want to over-report covid-19 deaths.
    I can certainly see them under-reporting them.

What did the countries with low death rates do right? differently?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Locked down early and often.
    Mask mandates and quarantine mandates.
    Comprehensive contact tracing

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

I know in the case of Oz, we locked down hard - basically non-essential services were shut, companies shut down offices and worked from home and borders were essentially closed (at this time there are still 38K Aussies who have said they'd like to come home but the numbers on flights is severely restricted. When we first "closed" borders, returning travellers were asked to self quarantine at home, but a bunch of self-important wankers didn't do this, so there is now a mandatory 14 day hotel quarantine (basically locked in a luxury hotel with contactless food delivery). If you follow any tennis players on social media, you can see them complaining about coming here for the Oz open in 3 weeks, but once their quarantine is done they should be relatively free to wander the streets of Melbourne.

Our states have also done internal border closures, and this is decided on a state by state basis.

In NSW (where I live) it is mandatory to wear a mask when indoors (shops, movies etc. - not at home obviously). There have also been restrictions put in place with respect to visiting other people's home, sizes of crowds for weddings, funerals etc.

They also have a huge amount of free (govt funded) testing facilities - a lot are drive through, with same day results via SMS.

Most public buildings (shops included) have a QR code that links to a government "tracing" app - so to go to the shops you "check in and out". This enables them to contact people who may have come in contact with a known case.

We have had only 909 deaths in total for almost 26 million population. This gives us a weekly death rate per million around or a bit below 1.

• Like Like x 2
  19. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Paid them to stay home ?

20. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

If they would have come up with a program to just extend your mortgage by a few months (but skip a few payments if you needed it, and figure out some rent relief), but made it hard to go anywhere or do anything in the beginning, it would have worked out better.

• Like Like x 1