1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Feb 28, 2020.

1. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

That does seem like a big mistake. But, I think there need to be pandemic rules just like the DoD has war time rules.

If you were in Brazil or India right now, and could see that other 1st world countries were using the vaccine successfully (for the most part), would you want this vaccine? I don't think it is right to punish the general public for a mix-up or testing problem. Maybe the different dose data is helpful in determining the actual effective dose based on people's weight and size at the end of the day?

• Like Like x 1
  2. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there! Donor

That's a fair argument and given the crisis situation in some countries, would argue that they should use it.
    But here, where we have 3 already approved effective vaccines available in abundance I would pass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize. Donor

My wife & I were grocery shopping yesterday when they made an announcement the pharmacy had Phizer 1st vaccinations with no waiting. We were signed up and vaccinated in about 25 minutes, and followed the instructions and stayed around for 15 minutes after the shots.

My wife ran a fever, I didn't feel any different (that I noticed). We're scheduled for Phizer 2nd on May 23.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

In an Indian city, obituaries reveal missing coronavirus deaths and untold suffering — The Washington Post

I’m hearing about it a bit from coworkers in India
    They’re trying to be polite and calm in meetings
    But you can tell they’re nervous and it’s affecting them.

People forget, India was fine for a long time
    Then it exploded in the past few months

The US and the rest of the world trying to gear up should be aware...it can change fast.

It behooves us to keep doing safe activities
    Again, because the crud doesn’t care.

Even with the shot, I’m wary of large volumes of people inside.

Anyway, the shots help...but we’re not out of the woods yet...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss Donor

I tried to quote @rogue49 ...lol not sure where it went.

But anyway I like Uncle Ted, he has never changed over the years. At least he did not try to hide the fact that he had contracted the virus.
    There are plenty of Republicans that I know that have happily gotten the vaccine. The news distorts everything. And hey Mark Zuckerberg even question the safety of the vaccine in one of his daily teams meeting. If you know where to look...clinical trails, medical journals there is a lot of good data being published.

Pfizer and Moderna have been working with mRNA for 20 years. This link is an excellent article with very good references on the discovery of mRNA.
    It takes time and effort to get all the facts.

Who discovered messenger RNA? - ScienceDirect

Anyway, it is going to cost me and Zen about $800 dollars in testing in order to come to the USA and return to the UK this June.
    They are given even one their 2nd shot around 12 weeks after the first, so I'm due to get mine the week before I travel, which sucks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

Why does it suck to get the shot a week before you travel? Why are they waiting 12 weeks? I heard that was what was going on in Australia, but thought that was because they needed to stretch out the limited supply.

I wonder what the guidance is on vaccinating foreigners and undocumented immigrants in the US? The lines are pretty short now.

• Like Like x 1