1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rogue49, Feb 28, 2020.

1. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

While at the end of the day it doesn't really matter how this happened, I do think the conspiracy theories around the biohazard facility mishandling this virus and it escaping are easily believable.

china.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

[​IMG]

Lets lighten the mood.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

another teacher in the same county has tested positive, and a teacher in another county (neighboring county) has tested positive.

i saw where the NCAA is going to limit the number of fans during the tournament even the final 4 here in Atlanta

• Like Like x 1
  5. Borla

Travel from Europe, other than the UK, is stopped for 30 days. Just announced by Trump. Drastic response, will be interesting what the impact is both for the spread of the disease and for the economy and what it helps/hurts.

• Like Like x 1
  6. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Just like Florida

• Like Like x 1
  7. Borla

NBA just put the entire season on hold. Wonder how long before the MLB follows suit,

8. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Borla

MLB and NHL suspending all operations. Pretty much every major college stopping sports, many going to virtual classes only.

On paper these are all the correct decisions to stop an infectious disease/virus. But I'm a little surprised so many entities are choosing to pay that economic price BEFORE there is a huge impact on health and lives in this country. Not to downplay the number of cases or fatalities (most of which are still from very old, already sick people), as they will surely rise in the coming weeks, and the case numbers will surely shoot through the roof. But it is fairly rare for big business to pass up so much money in a preemptive effort rather than a reactionary effort that is too late.

10. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

Panic, fear, politics, and CYA. My wife says the local moms pages on facebook act like its the black death returning. Shes currently at a grocery store, says they are almost out of pasta, and they announced a line for a new shipment of hand sanitizer.

Lets take the MLB with spring training.

So they do it everything is fine and then say 2 people test positive after going to a spring training game. Panic in the disco, dealing with people wanting refunds, people suing (yes this is going on for cruise ships right now) for damages because now they are so afraid they might have it after watching a baseball game, quarantine etc. And god help them if some 85 year old with his grand kids catches it and dies.

My guess is they looked at the PR cost, the money cost, and the potential cost and decided it was easier to just not do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

North Korea allegedly SHOT and killed their only Coronavirus patient. Take that as it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ralphie250

The NASCAR race is here tvis weekend. And their will be no fans in the stands
    Same for homestead next weekend.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

Looks like a good time to catch up on some of the video games I bought on sale and never played.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. genuinemommy

15. Borla

Here is a helpful little graphic for telling the difference between symptoms of COVID-19, a common cold, and influenza.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. genuinemommy

That's my husband's plan as well. The kids have a lot of games to catch up on.

We might also go fishing, if we can find some quiet places when we're not working

• Like Like x 1
  17. ralphie250

well, they closed a lot of schools here. most for up to 2 weeks starting monday. my daughter goes to a private school and we got an email yesterday stating that their would be no school on friday (today) and that they will follow henry county school closings and such. about 3 hours later i got an alert that henry county schools will be closed starting monday for up to 2 weeks.

the teachers have the ability to teach online at her school. they said that they will email instructions for next week and how to log in and what to do. luckly my wife has the ability to take off when she needs to, but what about other parents.

my best friend went to wal mart yesterday and lets say that he said was a mad house. i called him an idiot for going.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

My wife teaches at a private school. They're on spring break this week, and yesterday announced being closed for an additional week.

Kroger announced a limit on certain items such as hand sanitizer, cough meds, etc. The store near us is now limiting the number of customers allowed in the store.

I just hope people don't go full panic.

Edit: No eggs, limited milk selection.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

Not any more. Both races postponed

• Like Like x 1
  20. genuinemommy

Hm. My 4 year old convinced me to get extra yesterday. Glad we did.

• Like Like x 3