1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Countdown timer

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by cynthetiq, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

...days until Cyn gets back from India?
    ...days until WOK's liver explodes
    ...days until Eid
    ...days until Deepavali
    ...days until Friday!

2. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

Any countdowns to Friday will automatically have a link to Rebecca Black's YouTube page... Lol

3. Charlatan

On that note... who's Friday will we list? My Friday starts a lot earlier than those in North America, but later than Lish's in Sydney.

4. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

Valid point - Friday isn't a good benchmark

5. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

When it gets closer, I we should count down to No Pants Day. It isn't 'til May, though.

Hmmmm....Rosh Hashanah starts September 28th...the autumnal equinox is September 23rd. Talk Like a Pirate Day is September 19th.

6. Charlatan

We also need to commemorate:
    Redlemon's Annual Sex on Thanksgiving Challenge
    Steak and a Blow Job Day

7. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

I :heart: this thread!

There's got to be SOME script which could be written to automate the timer's reset, so the user only has to add title and end date, and the program would sequence to prevent overlap. As the list populated, there would be less and less Long Countdowns. For example, someone's birthday on Christmas Eve would mean that the Christmas Countdown would only start when that birthday elapsed. Mind you, I'm only speaking as an "envisoner" rather than one who has a clue how to do that . lol @ self

BTW, Charlatan - that spellchecker recommendation is a total winner. Thanks :)

8. Xazy Vertical

I would say big events, like elections, sports events, legal holidays, we can compile a list and then go through them.

9. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

Most of those items are nation-specific. I don't think the countdown should be too-USA centric.

10. Xazy Vertical

I think it would be great if it was not nation specific. The question occurs what to do when a date has multiple events, or just put them all in.

11. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I just changed it to Mayan Armageddon. Line up the others, we can walk through them all.

12. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

Ooooooooooo My 5k. If I see that everyone knows when my 5k is, I'll train harder. Sept 17 8am.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OldBoy

OldBoy Vertical

the countdown is cool but what's withthe funky formatting on the left? all the text is squeezed into a column about 10 characters wide in that big box. using safari browser here

14. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

The timer seems to think it's already happened.

Also, if it matters, our next beer has been named "Fat Astronaut" barleywine.

15. Charlatan

• Like Like x 3
  16. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

Has anyone heard anything from that one Old Christian Radio guy that was predicting an apocalypse? Maybe he was from California?

17. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

When they announce a date, we could maybe do a countdown until the first NHL game of the season.

Maybe the spring equinox (March 20)?

• Like Like x 3
  18. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I'm pretty sure he got raptured with Plan9.

• Like Like x 2
  19. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

That easy?

20. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

If you know anything about Plan9, you know he's easy.

• Like Like x 4