1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Crazy quotes from the campaign

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

• Like Like x 1
  2. redux

redux Very Tilted

You cant fool Rush: Rush Limbaugh Suggests 'Dark Knight Rises' Villain 'Bane' A Deliberate Romney Reference

"You may think it's ridiculous," Limbaugh added in summation. "I'm just telling you this is the kind of stuff the Obama team is lining up."

3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I think it's funny how he assumes the average moviegoer is brain-dead.

What does he think of his own audience?

Also, if he doesn't think he's a part of entertainment/pop culture, he's beyond hope.

4. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

Nevermind that Bane in and of itself means 'causing great distress'

5. Baraka_Guru

-+-{Important TFP Staff Message}-+-
    The recent Second Amendment discussion that cropped up in this thread has moved here:
    Scalia says you might be good to go with an RPG! (and other Second Amendment interpretations) | The TFP

6. redux

redux Very Tilted

Romney on paying taxes:

Paying more taxes (ie not having high paid tax lawyers push every possible loophole to the absolute limit) disqualifies you to be president? WTF.

7. Baraka_Guru

He's so firmly embedded in the 1% it's not even funny. You can take the kid out of Bloomfield Hills, but you can't take the Bloomfield Hills out of the kid.

Obama really only needs to go with the "Romney is out of touch with everyday Americans." Sure, Obama got off to a great start too, became a lawyer and such, but at least he's proven that he can connect with people and work to address their concerns.

What's Romney going to do? Promise the people trickle-down prosperity?

Mitt Romney and the Poor People’s Safety Net Myth - The Daily Beast

At least Romney knows what it's like to face tough times and to have to liquidate some of your stock portfolio just to get by while you're attending university.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  8. KirStang

Unfortunately, I think this election is already decided.

9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

It will all kick up a notch after the conventions...
    raving crazy from both sides.

10. rogue49

Got a goodie...

Responding to President Obama’s comments yesterday that Mitt Romney was a kind of “Robin Hood in reverse…a Romney Hood
    because his tax plan took from the middle-class to give to the rich...

Here’s the actual quote from Romney:
    uhh...yeah...:rolleyes:

11. redux

redux Very Tilted

In a YouTube uploaded by TeaParty.org earlier this week, Tea Party supporter and birther and all around conspiracy author James Corsi provides evidence that Obama was married to a Pakistani man.

In his video, he claimed multiple pictures proved that Obama wore a ring on his wedding-ring finger before he married Michelle in 1992. “Evidently Obama has never explained it,” Corsi said. “He has never given any discussion of it. It’s like many of the factors of Obama’s life. There are hidden aspects to it, lies, mysteries disinformation. Increasingly, I try to point out to people that Obama’s life reads like a classic intelligence agency disinformation operation.”

He noted there were pictures of Obama sitting on his Pakistani roommate’s lap... "Obama had all these roommate pictures, seems to be sitting about on the guy’s lap,” Corsi explained. “I’ve not seen a lot of roommate pictures where two guys are that chummy.

12. KirStang

Well, there's your incontrovertible proof. :)

13. redux

redux Very Tilted

The best quote (blog post) of the week...from author George R.R. Martin
    Not a sci fi/fantasy fan, but I should start reading this guy.
    --- merged: Aug 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM ---
    BTW, another study last week found that voter fraud is nearly nonexistent, further undermining the stated rationale behind voter ID laws.
    Thousands (upon thousands) of voters may potentially be disenfranchised to "protect the integrity of the system" in which "one out of 15 million prospective voters" engaged in voter impersonation fraud.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

"(Romney) is going to let the big banks once again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street," Biden said at a campaign event in Danville, Virginia. "He is going to put y'all back in chains." - Joe Biden​

why is obama still running with this idiot?​

nothing can top obama's 'you didn't build that company' quote though. ​

15. redux

redux Very Tilted

Republican congressional candidate Samuel "Joe the Plumber" Wurzlbacher at a fundraiser for an Arizona Republican over the weekend:
    “For years I’ve said, you know, put a damn fence on the border going to Mexico and start shooting. I’m running for Congress and that should be a bad thing to say. But you know what, it’s how I feel…I want my borders protected, I’m very very adamant about that.”

To be sure he wasnt misquoted, he doubled down again today:
    I’m running for Congress. How many congressmen or people running for Congress have you heard, put a fence up and start shooting? None? Well you heard it here first. Put troops on the border and start shooting, I bet that solves our immigration problem real quick.”

16. rogue49

hmm...Romney seem angry & desparate for saying this... (doesn't seem to be Obama's MO)

Link to remaining article

17. redux

redux Very Tilted

Missouri Republican congressman Todd Aiken running for Senate on abortion in cases of rape:
    Aiken also wants to end food stamps, believes Medicare and Social Security are unconstitutional, and would like to roll back the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act in order to give more power to the states.

18. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Unfucking real what these people say. I don't suppose he gave any names of these doctors who told him this... Yeah didn't think so.

19. redux

redux Very Tilted

What Akin meant to say:
    Sounds reasonable to me.

20. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I don't know doesn't really describe what a huge douche bag the guy is in my opinion. But it get close.

Funny how the GOP are now trying to run away from this guy. I mean really he's just saying out loud what a lot of them ate thinking. I bet if he stays in he still get a decent number of votes.