1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Crazy quotes from the campaign

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I disagree. Trying to bet Perry 10k during a debate was a pretty big blunder. Telling a group of working class mid-west folks that "corporations are people" was a pretty big fuck up. Telling a group of unemployed people that "I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed" bombed Hiroshima style. "I like being able to fire people" foot meet mouth.

I think he mucked up several times during the primary. He had two things going for him... huge war chest of cash and opponents like Bachmann, Perry and Newt who made him seem reasonable. I mean Newt, the I hate big government guy, wanted to build a permanent base... on Mars. Perry was going to cut three agencies the day he took office. But he couldn't remember which three. And Bachmann. Well, with Bachmann just Google "bat shit crazy" and you'll probably get her photo or name in the top 2-3 search results.

I think out of the GOP primary contestants Huntsman was the most qualified and would have had the best chance against Obama. Sadly to get the GOP nod anymore you have to either out crazy the rest of field or out spend. Mitt did a combination of the two to gain the nomination.

2. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

good points, i forgot about the big bet. he really is just an out of touch rich guy i suppose.

3. raging moderate

raging moderate New Member

my stance has been since the beginning of the 2nd term race that no worthwhile candidate will run against Obama for the simple reason that they know they will lose. hence the absence of intelligent candidates that actually might have stood a chance. Note that BOTH of those things have to apply. Ie I understand Ron Paul is intelligent but so is Ralph Nader.

4. redux

redux Very Tilted

Gems from the right:

Congressman Paul Broun (R-Ga.)
    Broun serves on the House Science Committee, along with Todd Akin (legitimate rape)

5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

How in world can these idiots be candidates anyone would possible take serious?

More proof in my option we're all screwed.

6. redux

redux Very Tilted

The only thing nearly as idiotic as the notion that the literal word of the Bible should serve as a primary public policy document is the notion that the Constitution should be taken literally and not subject to interpretation.

7. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

I came across Congressman Broun's comment earlier today and almost posted it up myself, so gobsmacked was I (again) that we live in a country where US Congressmen and women not only feel comfortable voicing these idiotic theories, but do so with the knowledge that such statements will ensure their re-election.

Then again, it's common knowledge that Republican politicians from Georgia didn't originate from here. They all came over in a luxury yacht from a tiny, uncharted Caribbean island of all white men whose ancestors were stranded there after their ship (The Pale Menace) crashed into the rocks while evading pirates . How they managed to survive without women for centuries is a mystery but it is suspected that the ship's Puritan minister might actually have been an Irish prostitute named Glory Hole.

Seconded.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

The founding fathers didn't think there would be any need to interpret the US Constitution. That's why they were not in favor of having a Supreme Court. That's right, right? I think it must be 'cause I hear it on Rush one afternoon and if anyone in the US knows US history it's Rush "Where's the Oxy?" Limbaugh.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  9. Alistair Eurotrash

Interpret? (Sorry to interrupt!)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Ha! Thanks, I corrected it. Freaking auto-correct. Or maybe I should blame the Oxy?

11. Joniemack

Maybe you should just turn that feature off, Tully. :D That way you can keep taking the Oxy.
    --- merged: Oct 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM ---
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Man, I'm on fire today! Option, pfft. That's a hard, hot fast ball right out of the park even for me.

Maybe I should start taking Oxy? Though here in Mexico I think getting some would be weeks if not months of red tape. Everyone comes here and seems to think you don't need an Rx for medications. The truth is the complete opposite. But the tequila flows pretty freely... too bad I don't like tequila.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  13. Joniemack

I don't like tequila either unless it's hidden in a frozen Marguerita.

Oxy - American candy. My now deceased ex fell over drunk one afternoon about 4 months ago. He bruised one of his ribs and got a prescription for 30 oxycodone with 2 refills. For a fucking bruised rib, can you imagine?

14. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Well you were closer to the situation so you likely know more about it then I but having both broken and bruised ribs in the past I can honestly say they hurt.. a lot. Plus there's not much, other then wrapping them, that can be done to keep you from moving them. And move them you do, every time you breath, twist, bend over or stand up. It's takes along time for ribs to heal. So a 30 tab. Rx w/two refills really doesn't sound all that out of line to me.

Was he given an Rx for basic Oxy? Or extended release? How many Mg's? If it was basic Oxy and 5-10 Mg's it really seems reasonable to me. My experience with US doctors is they tend to under Rx pain medication rather then over Rx. They do that out of fear of being suspected of being a "Dr. feelgood" by the FDA.

15. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

No, but from experience and watching others...you'll end dying from the bills...or at least in the poor house.
    But that doesn't matter... :rolleyes:

16. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Well if you can't find work, start a business. If you don't have the money borrow it from your parents.

I can't write that in French.

18. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

On the 3rd debate...

19. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Glen Beck still has a voice in the US?

20. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Unfortunately yes.