1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Crazy quotes from the campaign

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

Glenn Beck is out of the loop. He doesn't realize that the neocon elements of the Romney camp are all good with their man saying whatever liberally moderate tripe it takes to get elected.

2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

It doesn't seem to leak beyond your borders. I no longer really hear anything about him. The same is true of Limbaugh, only I hear about him through people talking about him. I don't hear people talking about Beck anymore.

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Actually, lately...I haven't heard much from either...more strangely from Donald Trump and the Koch Brothers.
    There's a new crazy in town.
    And they've got wallets instead of microphones for their pistols...

4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

U.S. Rep. Connie Mack in response to the news that members of the United nations will monitor the election to check for voter suppression:

Every American should be outraged by this news. The United States must defund the United Nations. The United Nations should be kicked off of American soil once and for all.​

It sounds a lot like the kind of thing political candidates in corrupt Third World countries would say.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Mack calls for defunding the United Nations | TBO.com

In this case, a $5-million bet:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgOq9pBkY0I

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Never misunderestimate the "Donalds" ability to inflate his own self importance.

6. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

speaking of crazy...

what pisses me off...is that stupid people are not paying attention or ignoring when stupid people say or do stupid things.
    the only thing that counts...which side you are on...and "are you happy?"

there's no accountability or integrity...just say whatever you're going to say.
    everything else is spin and image.

So speaking of those who can't keep out of the media....

Sarah Palin on Facebook
    for some reason...a certain portion of our population is upset at that little phrase... :rolleyes:

7. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

wow, get over it. there's dozens of tweets a day calling for riots if obama loses, racials slurs and calls for assassination against romney and the media just ignores it. that's all fine, but say something bad against the blacks and it's game over. the media basically implies it's racist if you vote for romney. the double standard is just getting retarded.

8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Oh face it. Palin's a media whore who will say ever more shocking things to keep her name in the media spotlight. Soon she'll be completing with Ann Coulter, maybe she is already.

9. Baraka_Guru

How many among the "riot & assassination" crowd have over three quarters of a million followers?

Palin isn't the same as the Joe Blows with a few hundred followers each. These Joe Blows also don't have much of a platform beyond Twitter. Not many are likely to appear on Fox or publish a book. I'm not even sure their cumulative effect reaches Palin's. But then you simply consider the rest of her ilk and it's likely no contest.

It's not merely what is being said; it's also who's saying it.

Oh, and I'm sure Palin would really appreciate comparing her to the dregs of Twitter.

Are you really making that comparison? Odd.

10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

How many of the "riot & assassination" crowd are on the same page as Ted Nugent and talking about what they'll do if Obama gets a second term?

11. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

yeah i am, and it's not just that it's people with a few hundred followers, it's the overall 'buzz' that can be just as, if not more, important.

although stupid, she said nothing that is ILLEGAL. it is illegal to call for riots or assassinations. the media ignores it. if these were against obama this would be all over the news. it's a double standard, yet the media will say stupid shit like this word or that phrase is code for 'racism'. i'm sick of the double standard.

[​IMG]

12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

[​IMG]
    I'm too tired to go get 20 of these but I'm sure I could if I wanted to.

13. redux

redux Very Tilted

Sam....what constitutes an overall "buzz" among 400-500 million tweets/day

And why do you think Alex Jones only posted threats against Romney and not any against Obama?

Do you really think 20-30 selectively searched tweets is newsworthy and not just race bating by Alex Jones and his anti-Obama agenda?

14. Baraka_Guru

Look, the Internet wasn't invented in 2006. It's been around for longer than that and stupid people have been saying stupid shit even before the Internet. The only reason why we're talking about this stupid shit about riots and assassinations is because people have pointed it out and have drawn undue attention to it.

Twitter processes hundreds of millions of tweets a day. I could probably come up with some fucked-up Twitter search queries that are just as "alarming" as the ones pointed out about riots and assassinations.

It's not like the impact of Twitter in such situations as the riots in the UK or the Arab Spring, where social media was used to orchestrate actions. This is a bunch of angry individuals pretty much going, "Hrrr... I'mma wreck something, bro!" It's much different. It's also fragmented. That is, unless I'm missing something.

The tweets of fine folks like Douche Kabob, Wickedd'gamess, (O)dd as (F)uck™, etc., hardly amount to anything resembling the impact and reach of popular right-wing ideologues, let alone Sarah Palin as an individual. The latter also tend to have a sustained and pointed message. The former is little more than roiling.

When the rabble begins organizing, then be concerned. Until then, I find the comparison odd.

You see, we don't even need to go that far. We've already seen a kind of tu quoque in this thread in response to Palin. Why follow up with another? It gets us nowhere, and Sarah Palin still tweeted "shuck and jive" in her criticism of Obama to over 800,000 followers, and now even she is posting follow-up tweets of her own calls of tu quoque.

Disappointing.

15. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

he is illustrating the double standard. it's mainstream news, and secret service visit worthy, if people hang empty chairs in their lawn, but the media and secret service are treating these types of threats against romney as a joke.

16. redux

redux Very Tilted

Ah....the old mainstream media double standard rather than the Alex Jones double standard of selective searching/highlighting.

17. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

yeah, you're talking about the guy who was a bigger critic of bush than most people on the left. he sure is trying to race bait and unfairly burn obama :rolleyes:

18. Baraka_Guru

Using a double standard to point out a double standard?

Am I getting that right?

What does it accomplish?

19. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

no you're not getting it.

how is he using a double standard wtf.... in his articles he says in 08 it was all over the news when people were threatening obama and the secret service was getting involved. now with romney the secret service and media is silent. he's not saying there aren't threats against obama, he is how the difference in how they are being handled.

20. redux

redux Very Tilted

Alex Jones is a far right neo-confederate conspiracy nut....with tinges of racism, anti-semitism and anti-immgrant sentiments in his theories throughout his career.