1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Day to day

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by ralphie250, Mar 11, 2014.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Everyday I go through the same routine my alarm goes off I slowly get out of bed put on my clothes and walk out the door I normally leave anywhere between 530 and 630 to get to work I work all day I get home between 630 and 730 except on Tuesdays when I have Lodge. Normally the wife and I eat dinner between eight and nine clock and go to bed between 930 and 1030. Normally 99 percent of the time we never have sex during the week only on Saturdays. When my daughter is not there. As many of you know I'm a big man 6 feet 2 inches roughly 350 pounds. Its hard to find time to eat right and or exercise when I'm only home for 9 hours a day and six of those are sleeping. It's just frustrating because I seem to be getting bigger and I'm sure you eating that late at night does not help but by the time I get home and get a shower its 830 or 9 o'clock it's very aggravating that we normally only ever have sex on Saturdays and the occasional Sunday. Does anybody have any good suggestions on how to change our routine so that maybe we both can lose some weight and have more sex.

2. Salsa classes. A shapely friend who used to go said it was a good work out - and surely dancing close - being close without sex - she may find that romantic and feel warm and obliging when you get her home. Could you find the time once a week?

• Like Like x 3
  3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Social dancing of any kind will work, really.

Go for a walk. Make it part of your routine to always go for a walk after dinner. My parents do this, and they've found it extremely helpful in improving their physical fitness in an incremental way. Now they're going for hikes. Hikes!

Lift weights. Buy yourself a couple free weights. Do a set of a different exercise every time you get up from the chair. Do squats every time you get up from the chair.

Tiny changes like these really can add up. I don't workout, per se, but I lift for about ten to fifteen minutes a day and do other bodyweight exercises. They're scattered throughout my day, as that helps break up the time I spend sitting when I'm at home.

• Like Like x 2
  4. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Ralph what are your eating habits like the rest of the day?
    Do you eat breakfast? Lunch? Do you bring your own food to work or eat fast food during the day?
    Do you get a lunch break at work that could be spent going for a walk or some other form of exercise?

• Like Like x 2
  5. ralphie250

I don't eat breakfast. Lunch is normally a samich I bring from home and some chips or pretzels or whatever was leftover from dinner. I normally eat lunch between 1130 to 1230 depending on how busy I am. Sometimes I'll bring a peanut butter samich and eat it about 3 or so.

6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Start tomorrow morning. Write down everything you eat and drink. Every single thing. Use a note pad app in your phone or carry a pocket notebook, but make sure you do it.

After one week post it here and let us help you break things down.

Something to think about, a lot of people kill their weight loss as much by what they drink as what they eat.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ralphie250

I will do that.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Make sure you are as specific as you can be.

Instead of 'sweet tea', put '32oz of raspberry flavored sweet tea'.
    Instead of 'beer', put '4 12oz Bud Lights'.
    Instead of 'hamburgers', '2 6oz burgers made with 80/20 ground beef, 2 white buns, 2 slices American cheese, 2 slices tomato, teaspoon of mustard'.

It may sound like a lot of work, but really it will be 30-90 seconds for each meal, and all the small details count. Stupid stuff like using mayo over mustard, drinking a Coke instead of a water, or having a fried chicken thigh over a skinless/boneless chicken breast add up fast.

And I say this as someone who knows all this stuff and still struggles with making the right choices because so much that is bad for you tastes SO good! :p

• Like Like x 5
  9. snowy

MyFitnessPal is an easy app to use, and it syncs to the web, so you can access it from a computer as well as a smartphone.

• Like Like x 5
  10. ralphie250

@borla everything good is bad...
    Snowy I'll check that out

• Like Like x 1
  11. snowy

Make sure you're getting enough fiber in your diet. It's filling and it's good for you. Also, watch out for hidden sources of sugar. Processed foods that claim to be low in fat are often higher in sugar to compensate; bread, spaghetti sauce, salad dressings, and peanut butter can all have extra sugar hiding in them. Just eliminating some of these foods can help. As I said above, little changes do add up. Swap the chips or pretzels with cut-up vegetables and hummus (more fiber) or edamame (more fiber). Some other swaps: brown rice instead of white rice, whole wheat pasta instead of regular, whole wheat bread instead of white.

Also, six hours of sleep may be making things worse. Sleep deprivation can contribute to weight gain.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

I am similarly tall and large (an inch taller and somewhat less heavy).

Eating a substantial breakfast is important. Eating less overall is also important. Exercise is good, but you need to get the first two right.

I cut out all dairy products (for unrelated reasons) and eat only a very light dinner. I eat lots of salad and drink V-8. I weigh myself every morning, and keep track on a spreadsheet. Since January, I have lost 15 pounds.

(Envious whining about your sex life deleted.)

• Like Like x 2
  13. snowy

For me, it's about finding what sticks to my ribs and will keep me full. Personally, that's a balance of protein and fiber, but that varies for some people. I would really advise anyone against eating toast or cereal only for breakfast, especially if either are not really whole grain; there should be a significant amount of fiber in the grain piece. Steel-cut oatmeal is fine. Crispbread with some cream cheese, regular cheese, or nut butter is fine. Eggs and toast, fine.

Personally, I go for eggs and Morningstar Farms sausages, my Super Smoothie (see the keto thread for the recipe), or almonds on the mornings I have to get up so early that breakfast sound unappetizing.

Some of my relatives just recently started a new diet and discovered the beauty of protein for breakfast. They'd been living on toast for years and wondering what the deal was.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

For breakfast, I usually have ultra-high-fiber-sticks-and-twigs-and-wood-chips cereal, with raisins and applesauce. No milk.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  15. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

And remember pussy.....Tastes great and zero calories!

• Like Like x 3
  16. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I'm 6.2 and 270...need to lose myself.

For me, the bane is volume and carbs.
    I'll get into a mood and I'll eat. If I'm stressed, I eat.

I don't know about you...but when I'm occupied with something, I don't eat as much. (Spring coming helps too, Winter doesn't)
    I prefer a sports hobby...something you don't even know you're doing...and losing.

I'd also look into if you're not sleeping enough...I had the same problem. Larger men sometimes have trouble breathing during the night.
    Also stress can do it too...even if you're doing everything right...stress will keep it on you...and your skin won't be elastic enough either.

Personally, I find simply just cutting my volume in half helps.
    6 inch instead of foot long. Just the burger, not the fries. No sodas. One helping, not two.
    It's just when I'm stressed, I go back into volume mode.

But when it's Spring & Summer...and I'm back into my karate classes...it just fades away, I don't even know it.
    The famed "hot mama" did kick boxing. (great for stress too.)

• Like Like x 1
  17. NobleDeb

NobleDeb Getting Tilted

Get a blank calendar and don't put any appointments, to-do items, or things you have to do for other people on it. Only put on your calendar the things you and wifey want to do for yourselves. Then do it!

• Like Like x 3
  18. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Breakfast is really important, Ralphie. Please don't skip it. There was also some recent research that showed protein delays hunger, so it's a good idea to get a good shot of it at breakfast. Taper your meals down as the day goes on. Dinner should actually be your lightest meal.

Hang in there, my friend. I know it's hard to lose weight, but you can do it.

• Like Like x 4
  19. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

BTW...reserve some time on the weekend, Sat & Sun.
    You're not at work...and 2 days a week is better than nothing.

You can even do it later in the afternoon or evening when you've rested from the week and got all your chores out of the way.
    Actually I like it, because it's quiet at the gym.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

1. Eat something in the AM. And drink some water. Figuring out the eating thing is the hardest part, especially since it is hard to avoid foods with lots of extra calories in normal life.

2. Start off by scheduling exercise like a second job. Fine yourself $25 or $50 if you miss it by giving that money to your daughter. My friend and I had that deal in college and neither of us missed a workout. They can start off easy, just walk a few miles. Build it up over time, find different routes, go for hikes on the weekends.

3. Fix your work-life balance. It might be the hardest, and I'm not one to talk about how to do this.

• Like Like x 1