1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Do any of you guys know each other in real life?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CrazyBeing, Jun 30, 2013.

1. CrazyBeing Vertical

So you all know each other, it sucks to be an outsider :confused:

2. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Just because some of us have been around longer than others doesn't mean that we don't welcome new folks. We're happy you joined us, and we all hope to get to know you better. As you've seen, some of us live closer to one another than others, but I've got friends from TFP in Australia that I've never met, including one that I talk to on the phone occasionally and that I think is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Before about two years ago I felt like an outsider. It was mostly because I was rarely making myself a part of conversations, I was just reading.

So I decided to become more active and participate in the conversations. After a short amount of time I no longer felt that way. *shrug*

• Like Like x 6
  4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I have only met cynthetiq. I'd like to meet others though
    Its a shame that shanifaye lives so close and I've never met her.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Chin up, young person. We all felt like that at one point.

• Like Like x 2
  6. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I dated ThePriseInferno for a few months, still a best friend.

DamnitAll and I have fantastic lady days.

I've had dinner with grumpyolddude, and am waiting for him to call me for beer and baseball.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

The key to success at not being an outsider is putting yourself in the conversation and learning about the other dorks on the forum.

Its not magic. You just have to show up and keep posting and realize you won't get along with everybody and then subtly troll them.

That's when the love grows.

• Like Like x 7
  8. CrazyBeing Vertical

Ya, i think you are right.

9. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I wouldn't come out here either in your situation unless you had a specific reason like an old friend or close family member.
    The Palouse has (school year) bad college student drivers, worse college student drivers, and even worse college age/student drivers (summer) slow farm vehicles, (winter) a good chance of getting actual snow and a festival for a nasty bean that is "edible" according to the definition but that is arguable.
    Lentils are not something I eat if there is anything else available. The snow and general winter weather is far from ideal as well. I seriously miss the cold, rainy, and dreary winter days in the Willamettte Valley where it snows for 2 days every 3 years.

I can name something good things this area has - many prime candidates for my camera. The old barns, the rolling hills that reflect every season beautifully, and the small towns around here each have their own share of "small town America" with plenty of old signs, vehicles, etc.

I would travel to Oregon in a heartbeat to meet you and ZombieSquirrel . That is an hour or so drive down there from my hometown, and I can think of waaay more things to take pictures of in that general area very quickly. If I ever figure out the money situation Oregon is high on my list to visit again; Salem and Portland are two towns I know well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. And speaking of dorks AwesomeLife make sure you check out this thread https://www.thetfp.com/threads/tfp-dork-off.1079/
    You may not wish to want to know us any better after reading it :D

I really need to post something dorky in that thread, btw.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CrazyBeing Vertical

I don't have permission to watch that thread. :(

12. GeneticShift

Yes. Please. Oh my god.

(I know this will be taken out of context. I've accepted that.)

13. Speed_Gibson

Us? Why would the high class cultured members of TFPDOM ever take something like that out of context? :D
    --- merged: Jul 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM ---
    Just came to mind - "I'm going to show her my 'O' face."

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  14. GeneticShift

[​IMG]

15. Speed_Gibson

Exactly what I was thinking. You posted this right before I looked up the video clip on youtube. You already earned your lifetime membership into the TFPDOM club but good to see yet again we are on the same page.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

17. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I've met a handful. amonkie is one of my favorite people in the world. I've met the_jazz, @aberkok, Baraka_Guru, Martian, Magpie, and kramus within the last year. I have also met Plan9, DamnitAll, genuinegirly, and ASU2003. There may be a couple others who I am forgetting?

• Like Like x 3
  18. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

Scud is the only person on the board I know in real life, and I haven't seen him in years since I moved to the opposite end of the country. I wouldn't mind meeting others, but I haven't been very ambitious about it.

19. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Well, pick up your nuts and get out there. We're awesome.

• Like Like x 1