1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Do any of you guys know each other in real life?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CrazyBeing, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Abaya doesnt frequent here anymore, but she's still kicking around. Happily married and doing her thing as a teacher.

ive met a few TFPers here, but also didnt meet a few because of circumstance.

ive met
    cynthetiq and the mrs
    Hal
    Plan9
    spindles

next year ill most likely be meeting a few more, but its difficult meeting people when you're on different continents to the majority of TFP.
    personally, with the number of TFPers amonkie and plan 9 have met over the years i think they are doing the horizontal monkey dance.

i have to add that i checked out my FB friends list and mixedmedia and snowy share the most friends in common with me. That's just crazy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jay

Jay Vertical

I know sillygirl, even though she doesn't pop in here much anymore, in fact I married her. We met on the original TFP about 10 years ago......

• Like Like x 2
  3. curiousbear

curiousbear Terse & Bizarre

You mean Abaya? She is the one who got me interested in anthropology, a TFPer I would love to meet

4. No, i think you have your wires crossed. But Abaya did marry another TFPer.

5. curiousbear

curiousbear Terse & Bizarre

Oops sorry & thanks

6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

And how.

*flex*

• Like Like x 2
  7. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

Me-ow

• Like Like x 1
  8. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

DISCLAIMER: I was attempting to be funny and was not trying to push some type of sexual agenda.

I am not interested in sex with any member of the Tilted Forum Project. Y'all are great but, uh, not my type.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

FINE! I DON'T WANT YOUR SMOOTH SPOT EITHER! SEE IF I CARE!

Also: Welcome back!

• Like Like x 6
  10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I carried you on my back through a fancy shoe store in Toronto. I was really drunk and almost tripped and launched you like a hobbit catapult. If that isn't bro enough for you, I don't know what is.

Thanks. I'm gonna stretch and hydrate and work my magic once again.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Not completely unrelated: I've been working on my ground game, so I'll have a ton of stuff to, uh, show you next time we meet up....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I just reported you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Well shit, there goes my secret Valentine and plans for spring break.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Xerxes

Xerxes Bulking.

Isn't it great that we now need to add these little clarifications? I think it's awesome to avoid confusion! Cause confusion is BAAAAAAD!

/sarcasm.

16. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Seriously...I have a lot of rearranging to do now.

17. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

No. I had a chance to meet several TFPers a few years back, but I was still a newbie, and wasn't comfortable with meeting so many people that I didn't know.

Finding my comfort zone with strangers, even casual aquaintances, is difficult for me :(

18. Just a couple of months after signing on back in double-ought-something, I took my son to Chicago for a chess tournament. We spent the afternoon strolling around with three no-longer-members. Not claiming any credit for their departure, though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I still live with @Lordeden . @ZombieSquirrel is still my BFF. (edited to add: LE and I met on TFP. ZS and I have known each other since elementary school.)

I've hung out a couple more times with @cynthetiq. Since posting originally, I hung out with @DamnitAll, @Plan9, and @rogue49. Also met @snowy and @amonkie.

There are still quite a few of you I haven't met in person yet. Yet.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  20. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry.

:p

• Like Like x 1