1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have children?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by genuinemommy, Oct 4, 2018.

?

Do you have children?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Just curious how many of us have children. Whether they are grown or young. Whether you see them or not. Just fill in the poll and comment if you want.
    Thanks!

2. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

Nope. My husband is sterile (thank you, cancer treatment) and we don't have the money to adopt or use a donor. I am not sure if I can have children - I've never been pregnant and never tried to get pregnant.

• Lovely Lovely x 1
  3. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

No, I can not produce kids by myself, and am not sure I would ever want to have the full-time responsibility.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

First time I posted on this board I was childless.

Now I have close to a highschooler who plays video games with me. He's become a better shot than me in FPS's which used to be my forte. My daughter is about as basic a white girl as possible and fantastic.

I'm old enough now to realize how kids/no kids works on ones minds. Most people justify where they are in life with that regardless of what it is. Parents with 2 say they are great with two and couldn't do more, parents with more say they are so happy that they had more, people with none will say why for them thats the best. Now at face value it could be said maybe they were right for them, but I've known those who swear they want no children, have an "oops" baby and then end up having 4 more kids on purpose etc.

The hardest part about kids for me isn't the responsibility or effort, they really arn't that hard to deal with imo. Its the vulnerability. Your mental well being and happiness isn't just on your life but theirs.

• Like Like x 3
  5. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I've talked about my two daughters enough that I'm sure folks are sick of it but yes, I have two smart, beautiful, girls.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

2 adult daughters, one that I see regularly, one that I do not (because of distance). 3 grandkids.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I have no children and am sterilized. I was a very bright and willful child. I wasn't generally rebellious, just willful.;) I wanted my way, and usually (to me, anyway) had good reasons. I remember my mom saying numerous times that she hoped I had a daughter that was just like me.:rolleyes: I was convinced that I would be a terrible parent (although @Herculite believes that folks can rise to the occasion if a child appears, and I've seen that as well) was scared to death that I would get pregnant. And then have to deal with the moral questions about abortion. So I had my tubes tied. I've occasionally had second thoughts and think of adoption. But age 41 is not prime beginning parenting age. And my partner, who is 51 and has two grown children, wants nothing to do with another round of babies, infants, and teenagers.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I don't have children.
    Wish I did.

Voted maybe, because I may have them without knowing.
    Went through IVF with my ex.
    We almost had it, lost it.
    We split.
    She was supposed to pay the bill. (I got everything else and then some)
    Turns out she didn't
    So now I have to go back to pay it...so they would even consider talking to me. (some years back we did this and I'm now just finding out)
    We signed a waiver saying should anything happen to us, they could use it for other parents.
    So...do they still use it if the bill is not paid??? (as opposed to death...)

I could have up to 6, I'm unaware of and legally cannot have anything to do with. (nor can they make any claim on me...or know each others info)
    But it would be good to know if they're used.

Fuck my life.
    It's so surreal.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I love the responses so far, folks. Shows that we're not a homogeneous group, as far as offspring is concerned.

I presently have two children. They are young. They consume nearly every moment of my life. It is not a bad thing. At one point I was told that I could not have children. But these both came about spontaneously. I am happy to have them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

We do not have kids.

We both like kids. We enjoy being around our nieces, nephews, and the kids of our friends. Many of our friends' kids call us "Aunt" or "Uncle" because they feel we are that close to them. However, we made the decision early on in our relationship that we didn't think we wanted kids. Lots of reasons went into it, some more personal than others. It is amazing how many people are judgmental of the decision. One of the most common accusations is that not having kids is selfish. I find that a bit laughable because it is presented as if we are costing our non-existent, hypothetical child something. If we had kids and still lived a lifestyle as if we didn't have kids, I'd get that argument. But how can you take something away from someone who doesn't even exist? Often the same people who make that accusation seem to have spending time with and teaching their own kids far down their priority list.

When we were in our late 20s/early 30s we'd often get questioned, in detail, by people we were not close to, as to why we didn't have kids or weren't planning kids. It used to be a stress on my wife until we one day decided that if anyone we weren't close to asked we'd just get a sad look on our face and say "oh, we aren't able to have kids". We'd leave out the detail that the reason we can't have kids is because we were actively using birth control methods to prevent them. But it did shut a lot of people up....

Now I'm getting old enough that some people ask if we have kids that are grown and off to college. :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  11. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

yes as many of you know I have a 10 year old beautiful daughter who I love more than anything else on this earth.
    bad part is she is a mini me at times :eek:.
    I just wish I was home more

• Like Like x 1
  12. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

3 kids, 2 boys, 1 girl, all grown and out of the house (for the most part) My daughter is the baby, if you can call a 26 year old a baby.

Also have 3 adorable grand kids, 2 boys, 1 girl, all from the same son. In their case, the girl is the oldest sibling.

• Like Like x 1
  13. One son, 21 years old. We see him about every month, and in the digital age, keep up with him on social media and text/calls. Just out of the blue today, I was at work where I have Facebook on--clients and other attorneys know I do, and contact me on it--and he sent me a message. He was just thinking about some rock climbing and exploring we did when he was a pre-teen.

I'm not much into such, but wanted to expose him to it--I'm glad he remembered it.

AVOR

14. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 gr. of diplomacy

Well, this may make me the monster on the thread, but here goes...
    My wife and I have been married for over 39 years and have been having sex for two years longer than that. We have no children, by choice. However, before I got snipped, I know that I was perfectly capable. I know because I was with my last girl friend (before my wife) for about six months and we had sex constantly (without any form of birth control.) We got pregnant, she elected to terminate the pregnancy and we broke up shortly thereafter. To this day, I still wonder if I would have had a son or a daughter.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GhoastGirl2.0

GhoastGirl2.0 Getting Tilted

Previously I had no children....now I have two girls under 5. There will only be two...we made sure of that. They are 13 months apart and that has been pretty trippy...

• Like Like x 1
  16. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I just have the one, who's now 13...

[​IMG]

...and may be taller than her old man at this rate. :)

Sigh...
    It wasn't too long ago she was about half my height:
    [​IMG]

They grow up fast, people. Cherish every moment. (mainly because after they hit 13 they become self-absorbed pricks.) ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
  17. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

UPDATE: Now up to 4 grandkids, 3 boys, 1 girl.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I've been reading your posts for years, and despite the self-hating comments that you sometimes fling at yourself, you, @MeltedMetalGlob, you are a winner!
    It takes a lot of... maybe courage is the best word, to stay in an untenable relationship for the sake of your child. May your future (eventually) be bright.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

You aren't a monster.
    I have a lot of friends and family for that matter who have decided to never have kids.
    Both my daughters have made it very clear that the family line ends with them.
    They have no intention of carrying children, happy to be the crazy aunts to their friends kids but that's it.
    My youngest did add the caveat that if her girlfriend wanted to have a kid, that might happen but she sure as hell wasn't doing it.
    As I said there is an entire generation who are looking at the world and not really feeling like the future is a good option for bringing kids into.

20. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

The jury is still out on that one.

The jury is still out on that one, too.

But let's face it, self-deprecation is my specialty.

And since everybody's expecting it, here's the obligatory Photoshop:
    [​IMG]

(We now bring you back to your regularly scheduled thread.) :)

• Funny Funny x 4