1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Have Patience?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by MeltedMetalGlob, Dec 28, 2018.

?

Are You a Patient Person?

1. Yes, Some people call me a saint.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Middle of the road, depends on the situation.

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. No, now get out of my goddamn face.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Bastard

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

Are you a patient person?

Over the years I realized my father has little to no patience with anything at all. I recall him being like this before, but it's steadily gotten worse as time goes on. My older brother is the same way, even though he's twenty years younger than my father. My poor mother has to deal with the two of them on a daily basis, and I think her own supply of patience is starting to wear thin.

One hazard of being around these impatient people is that it's contagious; once you know they're going to start getting cranky, you tend to rush things along because avoiding the fallout becomes a priority.

I've made it a goal of mine to remain patient in as many situations as possible. I really don't want to turn into someone like my father, so when I deal with my wife I keep this in mind. Same for my daughter, since I want to set an example here.

When I'm at work, I tend to be extremely patient, since I'm currently the new guy and in constant training. It wouldn't do to get huffy in front of the boss or my co-workers, so this is an easy task for me. (I also remember that I'm the dumbest guy there, so a good attitude helps.)

(Obligatory Photoshop)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

the quick answer is no, I am not a patient person. I have a short temper,
    the only thing I have patience for or person I have patience with is my daughter.
    other than that NO

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frankie

Frankie Slightly Tilted

Yes except for bad drivers and people who quack on their cellphones or text while driving and for that matter do anything but drive their fucking cars while on the road that I'm on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I think when it comes to much I have much more patience than most...to a point.
    I've trained every level and type.
    I also like to listen and assist.

My limit comes when I see it's circular...and they just aren't trying or paying attention.
    I also have a standard if they're getting paid for a job...if it's your damn job, you better learn it. Otherwise, why are they paying you?
    Also...are you creating more work for me?? One, twice, thrice...but I don't want to do your job...I have mine to do.

I also don't want people to constantly complain....but then don't act to solve it.
    I don't mind complaining...that's a healthy thing, I do it myself. But sooner or later, do something about it.

In cars though...forget about it. Please learn to drive at a brisk safe pace or get out of the way. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

It's highly variable for me.
    As an example:
    I do a lot of student teaching at work. Medical students, mind you, so these are grown ups who should be self- motivating.
    Most of them love me. I'm very patient and perhaps even indulgent of them.
    The ones who can't show up on time, or seem to think they are owed something.....well they usually wish they had never met me.

• Like Like x 1