1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Do you remember your first slow dance?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by cynthetiq, Aug 4, 2011.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I remember my first dance in high school freshman year 1982. I had little interest in such things when I was younger. I was a shy kid. Nerdy, pocket protector nerdy, before nerdy was cool. I was convinced by a classmate to go to the dance on Saturday night at the gym.

When we were walking around the gym, that's when I saw her, this lithe blonde with a bright smile named Carrie. Now our school was an all boys school at the time. There were no girls, we imported them from various other schools. The music was playing 80's songs since it was original 80's. Chicago's Hard to Say I'm Sorry came on and I asked this girl to dance with me.

I was incredibly nervous. I didn't want to step on her feet and it was very strange to be pressed up to some girl that wasn't my mom or cousin since the only other slow dance I ever did was at family weddings.

I never did date the girl, but that song was something that always makes me misty eyed when I heard it on the radio or anywhere for that matter.

What was the song? Who was it with? When was it?

2. You know, I can't recall ever having a slow dance with a girl I hadn't already been intimate with. There was no "special" dance of my youth. I believe I had lost my virginity before having a slow dance.

3. Smackre

Smackre Vertical

I remember mine. It was my aunts wedding. I was like 9 or 10. Can't remember the girls name. I was wearing cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. There's some pictures of it somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Mine was at an uncle's wedding. I was 11. I don't remember the song.

5. ejkwt

ejkwt Vertical

Mine was a loooong time ago.. we danced slowly at first, bobbing slowly to a few simple frequencies periodically.. then something dawned upon me, about how to dance better, a dance so good it could have the expressiveness of all the dances.. yet retain the silent beauty of a calm quietude.. that's when our little dance transformed into something powerful and magical... I'll never forget that day..

• Like Like x 1
  6. BadNick

BadNick Getting Tilted

I was 12 and so was Christine. It was a little dance party for a bunch of kids from our class at my friends house, the first dance for most of us. We danced to "Blue Velvet" by Bobby Vinton; then "Memory Lane" by The Hippies which we played over and over and over again. I clearly remember we were getting a little sweaty but it seemed exciting. I tried to feel her little breasts poking into my chest and figure out how to hold my hands behind her back to pull her a little closer. That was the first time I ever held a girl so close. Later we played "Town Without Pity" by Gene Pitney...and all sorts of slow songs just so we can hold each other close.

7. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Oh Wow, I'm tearing up ... some of y'all're sharing some beautiful moments beautifully.

OK ... age 16, and I was at the school dance of our sister school. Shiela was my age, and the song was Nights in White Satin.

To an observer, we looked like the front row of the scrum ... we were shoulder to shoulder and cheek to cheek - arms wrapped around each other. We formed an arch through which a dog-cart could have passed without us or the dog noticing.

But what did it mean? Ahhhh it meant the universe was never going to be the same, and, indeed, it never was :)

8. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I would have been in grade six or grade seven... so that would have made me somewhere around 10 or 11. It was a friend's birthday party and there were girls and parents and music. I can't remember the girl's name at all. Not even a bit. I do remember that we danced to Babe by Styx. Being in the proximity of a girl in this way was very new and very different.

You would think that getting this out of the way would make asking other girls to dance a lot easier, but it never got easier.

9. Willravel

Willravel Getting Tilted

I'm afraid not. If I had to guess, I'd say sixth grade. I remember sneaking into the middle school dance with some friends.
    It's never too late to enjoy a slow dance with someone you love, UC.

10. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Mmmm, imported girls....:drools:

I do indeed remember my first slow dance with a girl.
    I was about 6 or 7 and my brother, sister and I were at our sitters.
    Our sitter was a widow with 3 children of her own, the oldest about 16 at the time.
    I remember it like it was yesterday. She was a wild child, very daring.
    One day while her mom was away at the store, we all started dancing, and although I don't know what led up to it, the 16 year old took her blouse off and was dancing with me and my brother half undressed.
    I was the right height, if you know what I mean.
    Even though I couldn't hear, I was in Heaven.
    Ahh, mammaries...

11. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

the sad part is i didnt have my first slow dance til my wedding day. 12 years ago

12. fresnelly

fresnelly Getting Tilted

I honestly can't remember which is weird given how much I obsessed over that sort of thing at the time thanks to watching The Wonder Years. Worst adolescent role models ever btw.

Our first school dances were in 6th grade and I was totally flummoxed by the apparent shift from "Girls are Icky." to "Girls make me feel funny."

The only one I remember around that time was when I worked up my courage to ask one of the prettiest girls in the school. She said yes but then half way through she asked "Who are you?". Ouch.

13. iktoweya New Member

i remember my first dance. it was with my best friend at the time, Missy. it was our seventh grade year and up until that actual dance, i didnt really see her as a dating entity. i remember it quite vividly how we got out on the dance floor too. the song Stand by Your Man by Tammy Wynette came on and i just turned to her and started lip sinking. half way through it she grabbed my hand and tried to get me out on to the dance floor.

now this was a seventh grade dance so there was next to no one dancing on the floor. finally after much tugging i got up and we danced to the end of the song. it wasnt so bad until our eyes met and for some reason it was just extremely awkward. my hands begin to get sweaty and i started to get all kinds of nervous and i was ready to go sit down. right after the song was up the next song was started without even a pause so we stayed out there.

so we continued to sway out there. she started talking about random things to try and make it less awkward and for some reason the both of us kept trying to avoid making eye contact. all the while she was leaning in further or i was pulling her closer maybe it was a bit of both. when she was completely pressed up against me, we locked eyes a second time and i could have sworn i got the kiss me eyes and then we got separated cuz we were dancing too close to each other.

i remember when we got back to our seats i was glad she was wearing a blue jean skirt. i could see moist hand prints on the part of her shirt that was hanging down where i was holding her by the waist. the night was almost over anyway. i did get the kiss later that night after i walked her home. best night in middle school by far.

14. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

My first dance was the summer between Junior and Senior year. A group of us nerdy people were chosen to attend Free Enterprise Week down at a local college. Basically we broke into teams and ran soft drink companies - the team with the largest profit margin at the end of the week was the winner. Anyway, the last night there was the social, and for the last song, it was required that EVERYONE dance. I worked up the courage to ask a certain girl to dance, and was shocked that she said okay. Best five minutes of the year. We stayed in touch for two or thee years... (great story, right? Leave me alone, it's still early here). ;)

15. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

Wow, I haven't the foggiest. I was a total nerd, didn't go to school dances. Except for Senior Prom, I think. And a couple of bar/bat mitzvahs. No weddings until after college. And, if I were to be at a dance, I'd be the guy trying to look cool by mouthing the lyrics to the songs, even though that is not cool whatsoever.

16. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I can deduce that it was either the 8th grade dance or a 4-H dance prior to that.. but I have no idea who it was with or what song played or any of that.

Clearly, I didn't bother committing slow dancing to memory.

17. redux

redux Very Tilted

Don't remember the first slow dance but I do rember that Slow Dancer was "our song" (or so I was told) as a young and in love lad of 14 in the summer of '75...at least until the summer romance ended.

It was a summer to remember and I'm still a Boz Scaggs fan.

18. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

just a tad before my time ;)

19. I wish I could remember my first. Must have been either totally unremarkable as to leave no impression or so traumatic that I've blocked it. I envy all of you who with such a vivid and cherished memory.

20. kejago New Member

Nope, because I have not had one yet. Seriously.