1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Do you remember your first slow dance?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by cynthetiq, Aug 4, 2011.

1. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

Mine was back in 1986, at a school "sock hop"- I was hanging out with the rest of the girlfriend-less losers in 8th grade when a girl came up to me and asked if I would like to dance with her friend.

I IMMEDIATELY ACCEPTED!

Don't remember the song, but it was probably Madonna's "Crazy for You", or some similar crap.

2. jewels

jewels New Member

OMG yes! I must've been about 7 or 8 years old and my bestest friend at the time had a much older brother that was going to his prom. He danced with me in their garage to this.

3. Clockwork Gigolo

Clockwork Gigolo New Member

Ah yes.. The Enchantment Under the Sea dance. I got in a fight earlier in the night which kicked in some endorphins and gave me the to ask Lorry for a dance. I remember my friend Calvin was playing in the band. I was a little nervous about moving in for a kiss but them Calvin just started fumbling the cords on his guitar and I figured what the hell, getting denied a kiss can't be as embarrassing as what he's going through so I just went for it....

Ok,Seriously... I was in 5th grade and danced with the girl I had a crush on. We were just in a crowd of people and my sister who was a few grades ahead of me just said, "Hey C, go dance with my brother!" Before I could object to such nonsense she had my hand pulling me to the dance floor. She was the same age but about a foot taller than me. I have no idea what the song was. I was too busy trying to remember how to breathe.

4. Liquor Dealer

Liquor Dealer Vertical

I'm old... other than stuff like the Bunny Hop, when I was a kid, all dances were slow dances.

5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It was in 9th grade, at the 9th grade dance. This dance was special because it was only for us, it was at the end of the year, and we were the last 9th grade class at our junior high. The next year, our jr. high became a middle school and the 9th grade moved to the high school.

We danced to some song by Air Supply, and I remember K. feverishly tapping his fingers on my hips as we slowly circled around. I wondered if he was nervous.

Turned out he was--he kissed me (my first kiss!) the next week, walking me home from school. Brave boy, that one.

6. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

I can recall my first slow dance. My grade 7 friend Emma held a Halloween party at home. We watched H20 and the girls screamed a lot during it. Lots of pizza and snacks were consumed, and at some point or another, slow music was put on, and I was asked to dance with this guy named Dan, and a few other guys following. It was extremely awkward. Man I was so young! hehe

7. Poetry

Poetry Totally Sharky, Complete

I don't remember my first, but I do remember attending a camp that had dance nights. Some other girls and myself would have contests to see who could dance with the most boys by the end of the evening. I usually won. I remember having to prowl around near the end of the evening looking for someone without a partner who I hadn't danced with yet. Became really comfortable with approaching boys that because of this. Must've been about eleven or twelve.

8. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I think it was at my mom's wedding to my stepdad. I'm pretty sure I danced with some daughter of one of the church members. Mom just used it as blackmail or "You were SOOO CUTE. What the hell happened to you!" crap.

9. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

i was 20 years old (oh so long ago haha) and the song was "cry me a river" with a very well endowed and petite blonde who was a very good dancer. needless to say my lack of skill did not mesh well with her abundance of it

10. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

My first slow dance was with my then soon to be girlfriend (and later wife) at her youth club. We danced to Always (Bon Jovi) and she was wearing this "knit" kind of jacket that my fingers got stuck in while we danced.

11. lionrock

lionrock Getting Tilted

"Say you Say me" which is weird because it has a fast up beat tempo for about 15 seconds 2/3 of the way through.

12. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Awesome. Thumbs up, sir.

Please tell me there are photos, or even better, VIDEOS of this. Please, please?

I know I danced at weddings & such when I was a kid, but those were all with family members. I also know I attended all the 7th grade dances, and since I never sat down, there had to have been slow dances involved.

The first one I remember actually mattering, though, was in 8th grade. He was what I considered my first "real" boyfriend, and a year younger than me. The song was Open Arms, by Journey. I still smile when I hear that song :)

13. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

You really think I would tell you if I knew where they were? It's like you don't even know me (TM).

Ask my mom, I think I remember watching it sometime. I've drank rum since then.

14. Redlemon

Redlemon Getting Tilted

My son is 8, and just had his first slowdance at a party on Friday. It was with a girl who considers herself to be his girlfriend; he says he doesn't have a girlfriend. He danced quite stiffly, and was mouthing "Help!" as he turned towards me. The best part is that her mom got it on video; I'll have to get a copy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jerseyboy Vertical

I was only in first grade so I was about 6. She cornered me and I danced with her for 2 seconds before running away. Girls were icky back then!

16. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

oh the epic fail... lol

17. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Find them.

My first slow dance was in high school, with my first girlfriend. It was awkward and mismatched, just as it was in every other opportunity I had to dance with her.

18. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

Sixth grade, elementary school gymnasium. Her name was Ashley. I think that was the first time I ever wanted a girl to like me. Even then, there were cliques; I was a geek, she was a popular girl. For some reason she ignored that and we danced several times that night. Good times.

19. Frankie

Frankie Slightly Tilted

7th grade my first school dance. Her name was Jean, I had never danced with a girl or anyone before but I watched American Bandstand and the Tom Jones show and mimicked their moves. I guess it worked because before the dance was over I had danced with 3 girls and at one point I danced with all three at the same time. I guess they liked my Tom Jones moves. Lol