1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Do you shop at COSTCO ?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by DAKA, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Ii was convenient to shop Costco when I lived in Boston. There is no Costco in Lincoln, and it's an hour drive to the one in Omaha. So far, I haven't found it worth the time and trouble.

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Recently we've started buying the large package of eggs. Yes, we eat 60 eggs in 2 weeks. 2 eggs a day x 2 people x 2 weeks = 56 eggs just for breakfast.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

We do the same. Eggs are one of the staples of a low carb diet. Sig usually gets them at the University Dairy Store, part of the College of Agriculture. They also have great ice cream, various cheeses. And full fat yogurt and cottage cheese made from whole milk. All made in house.

4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

How are the eggs? We find the quality of the eggs in the large packages to be pretty low (anemic yolks).

It's a shame that my wife can't still get the free range eggs from one of the other teachers. Those chickens ate ticks, crickets, grasshoppers, lizards, snakes, etc. along with chicken feed, and the yolks were fantastic.

5. snowy

Costco sources from local suppliers for their eggs, so I couldn't comment on what the quality of their eggs is likely to be where you are, but given their quality standards, I would guess good. Ours are really good--thick shells, nice yolks of deep yellow verging on orange.

6. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Well, since this has gone "off topic", we have been getting local eggs at a farmers market, every one is a double yolk and very orange....
    Fresh eggs are nothing like the supermarket kind.
    I seen to remember reading somewhere, (maybe I dreamed it) that there was a local criminal enterprise that consisted of re boxing older eggs changing the dates

7. jerseyboy Vertical

We go to Costco mainly for meat and orange juice. Though now that we have a baby we also get diapers and formula.

8. snowy

Costco diapers are great. As a former preschool teacher, I've changed all kinds of diapers, and the Kirklands are definitely up there next to Huggies and above all of the rest.