1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

Does anyone here actively play the market?

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Borla, May 27, 2014.

1. omega

omega Very Tilted Donor

ExxonMobil at 77.50 a share, give or take a few cents. Dividends still holding steady. I think I will hold on to it still, because I think the company is still solid and oil is not going away. I did expect the stock price to increase before now, but with trump and the Republicans in charge things will eventually crash and oil prices will skyrocket. Also treasury notes and bonds interest rates will also dramatically increase in the next few years due to the Republicans intentionally wrecking the economy to allow the ultra wealthy to buy our debt at higher interest rates. So that is why they are increasing our debt load by massively increasing spending and cutting taxes on the wealthy. Buy out some congressmen and a president for a few hundred million to get trillions of new US debt released at high interest rates. What not to like for them?

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I used to dabble in penny stocks. I make about $4 on a 0.02 investment which was great, but that was years ago. im considering trying it again

3. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member Donor

I'm getting ready to attend the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders Meeting in a couple of weeks.

HOW TO ATTEND THE BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY ANNUAL SHAREHOLDER'S MEETING (2019)

My investing mentor/guru (I worked for him when I lived in Boston and I'm still on his company's payroll as an occasional "consultant") is flying in and has reserved rooms at the Lied Lodge at Arbor Day Farms in Nebraska City. No hotel rooms to be had in Omaha. Will be nice seeing him and his wife and picking his brain a little bit.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lindy

Heading of tomorrow morning to the Lied Lodge in Nebraska City.
    Lied Lodge & Conference Center | Nebraska City Vacation
    I'm going to relax with a massage and sauna and jacuzzi, maybe a little swimming. And head up to Omaha (by limo!) early Saturday to the Berkshire Shareholder's meeting.
    Then back to the Arbor Day Farm for more relaxation, good food and conversation, and hopefully some good old fashioned hotel room sex.

5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member Donor

I'm actually finally thinking of diving in deep.
    Beyond the standard 401K and Mutual funds

Or advising my friends and family on their own investments.
    (I've always kept track of the market and the trends...and companies of interest, just from my own interest and curiosity)

It's been a long time coming...it will be interesting.

6. Lindy

Two years ago my mentor said that I had too many different stocks for my level of investment. I had 13 stocks and 3 index funds.

I am now down to 5 stocks and one index fund.
    AAPL
    BKH
    BRK-B
    CASY
    UNP
    and a junior partner in a Sandhills cattle ranch.

• Like Like x 1