1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

Does anyone here actively play the market?

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Borla, May 27, 2014.

1. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Ok here's a trade I have on now: See if you can understand the position as it now stands, and I'll post trades as they evolve.

On Monday I bought 10 IWM June 19 2020 strike 120 puts for $4.62.
    How much did I spend?
    How much can I gain? How much can I lose?
    What's the underlying index? How many shares of the underlying do I notionally control?
    Are the puts in the money or out of the money?
    Is the position currently profitable?

Let me know, and let's hope for a gap down Monday morning to make this fun.

2. fflowley

Lindy eager to hear your current take on Berkshire after the "meeting".
    Lots of cash on hand, poor investment returns recently and Warren isn't getting any younger.
    Are you still as bullish as you were in the past?

3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

What is the best app or site for trading? Mainly penny stocks. I want one that has no minimum balance, no minimum deposit and dosent cost anything to trade.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

4. fflowley

I can vouch for the quality of the user experience at TD Ameritrade. Have been their customer for many many years.
    Costs seem low/reasonable to me but have not done any comparison shopping in a long time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

ill check out TD Ameritrade. to be honest i forgot about that one

6. omega

omega Very Tilted Donor

I have had my little play account on etrade for a while. No issues thus far.

This market defies reality, but I think reality will eventually settle in. Millions of people out of work. The ones working are probably not spending as much. We are a consumer based economy and money is not flowing. The market will crash at some point. Upside is maybe this will help topple the unindicted criminal trump and his republican co-conspirators. Or maybe his asswiping with the constitution and trampling of the 1st amendment. But I digress (so easy with that shitstain in the oval office).

7. fflowley

I too am baffled by the current rally.....but it's real and right now it's way too powerful to fight.