1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2013!

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Baraka_Guru, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Heh, I saw the news on Mirror's Edge 2 and thought of you, Baraka_Guru.

I haven't seen much yet other than feminista articles on how E3 is ignoring women yet again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baraka_Guru

4. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I heard the Mirror's Edge news and had a total fangirl moment. So excited.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I'm just now getting around to watching the recordings I dvr'd of E3 on Spike today, so no favorites yet.

The Mirror's Edge 2 and SW: Battlefront news sounds awesome, though.

I'll be back to this thread.

6. Fremen

7. Baraka_Guru

There's a lot of buzz about the next-gen console pricing and other details.

Xbox One will be priced at US $499, while PS4 will be US $399. Also, Microsoft is being criticized by the potential DRM requirement (online connection), its restriction on preowned games, and its potentially creepy camera privacy issue, while Sony is being criticized for requiring a premium account (like $4 or $5 a month, I think) for online play (something Microsoft has had this whole time). The main difference in pricing is that the PS4 doesn't come with a camera system.

The way it's looking, Microsoft is going to have to make some adjustments, or Xbox One might get slaughtered. They'll have to convince buyers why having the Kinect is a really good value.

But if you ask me, the restriction on preowned games is a huge deal breaker.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

The X-Bone is unrealistic. Everything they require for used games, sharing games, creepy camera and so forth is ridiculous. Personally, the MOST ridiculous thing is that they require you to connect online every 24 hours. Since I do most of my gaming offline (don't play tons of the multiplayer live games), that starts to go into the realm of inconvenient, especially for those who still may not be at that level of technology - I know quite a few of those households.

For me, the final nail in the Xbox coffin was the PS4 price. This might be the time I jump on the PS bandwagon, even though my PS2 is still going strong. I like my 360, but there will not be a Xbone in my household.

And let's be honest, after Sony's presentation, this is how Microsoft feels right now:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

That means the PS3 will be that much cheaper. Sounds like a win to me, and that much more likely I might buy one someday.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fremen

Found this just now and had a chuckle.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Baraka_Guru

I can't imagine how stupid Microsoft would have to be to stay the course on the details of their new system.

I've read that Ps4 presales in the U.S. outnumber Xbox One sales 3 to 2.

• Like Like x 2
  12. fresnelly

fresnelly Getting Tilted

I'm not a gamer but was entertained watching Reddit completely lose its shit over the XboxOne (heh, "xbone") missteps. I'm genuinely curious if the apparent consumer backlash will be contained to online fanboy communitites or actually spread to the mass market. By mass market i mean unknowing parents who buy consoles as gifts and other less tech-savvy consumers who don't comparison shop beyond what new, hot games are offered.

13. Fremen

Microsoft is one slippery company...

MS say they've listened to our concerns about their policies so they will be reversing their drm restrictions. Marketing!! Ha!

Microsoft pulls a 180, reverses Xbox One always-on DRM and used games policy | Microsoft - CNET News
    I'm still not sure if I'll get the new Xbox or go with the PS4.

14. Baraka_Guru

I knew they were going to cave.

They'd be insane not to.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Baraka_Guru

More from the Mirror's Edge fanboy.

I'm pretty excited about this. The first game was pretty short and linear. I just hope that they don't make the sequel too sandbox-like, with a bunch of inane quests. I find it gets overwhelming and distracting (and it's why I'm still chipping away at Skyrim).

A lot of the charm of the first Mirror's Edge was that it was focused on a single (albeit short) story, rather than an episodic, multifaceted epic.

New Mirror's Edge is open-world - PlayStation 4 News at GameSpot

• Like Like x 1
  16. Baraka_Guru

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fremen

Looks awesome!