1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

East Coast Earthquake

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Plan9, Aug 23, 2011.

1. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I dig this stuff:

Nice work, primates (especially the lemurs)... not so much, giant pandas.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

3. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

It's funny, that. Some of the guys in the office noticed, some didn't.

We do have a lot of trucks going by here, so I'm guessing those of us who didn't notice just chalked the rumble up to that.

4. wolf Evil Grin

Either that or some of those guys are related to the Pandas.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Felt the hell out of it in Raleigh, NC. Not greatly violent per se, but I knew what it was immediately. I thought it was cool, my first earthquake, but the office idiots are talking Armageddon and Revelations. For freaks sake

6. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

That is so cool! Thanks for posting it, I dig stuff like that, too.

Yeaaaaaah, there were a few "God is sending a wakeup call" posts on my facebook feed. I walked away before I made any snarky comments about plate tectonics and fault lines. :confused:

7. BadNick

BadNick Getting Tilted

My office is on the second floor with a suspended tile ceiling and a few seconds after the quake started I saw a couple panels bounce up about 6 inches and fall back and the mild shaking continued. I wasn't sure what was happening but since I didn't hear any sounds or other plausible clues about the cause, I right away suspected an earthquake.

I tried to call my wife with my cell phone but the call failed. A few seconds later as I was still holding the phone she sent me a text asking me if I felt the quake and everything was OK at home, and my text reply also went through.

8. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

I was at work. We were in the elevator at the time and assumed that they were simply being more reluctant and grumpier than usual.