1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Ender's Game

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by GeneticShift, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Opening night is Thursday. I will be there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I won't do opening night for this but I'm interested into seeing it. I even have read the books in preparation for the movie. I'm in the middle of Children of the Mind

3. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Oh, hell. I was going to read the first book and then go see this. I need to get on that, quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

It's a fast read, I've read 4 book over the past 4 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Not an Orson Scott Card fangirl.
    But I do adore Harrison Ford.
    I will most likely wait until it comes out on DVD, then enjoy it. I don't see myself taking time away from my daughter to see it in the theater.

6. I'm no fan of what I have read about him, personally. But I have thoroughly enjoyed every book in his Enderverse.

7. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

My son and I just had a discussion about whether we found any homophobic references in the Enderverse. Neither of us knew when we read his books about his personal life. Son mentioned that there are no gay characters in the books but, there are not many gay characters in the Sci-fantasy books he's read in general.
    I don't endorse intolerance but I also realize that if I knew the personal feelings of all the authors that I've read outside of the subject matter I'm reading of, I might reject many a book that I would otherwise read.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  8. Just got home from seeing the movie. Won't go "spoiler" about it, but I generally liked it. I did find it lacking in some aspects.

I saw it with my daughter. She hasn't read any Card at all and she says she was "entertained" while offering some valid commentary.

I found the earnest debate going on in the post movie "nerd circles' in the lobby fairly amusing.

• Like Like x 1