1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Espresso/Cappuccino Machine

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by DAKA, Jul 2, 2018.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

I need a recommendation for an ESPRESSO/CAPPUCCINO machine.
    This will be for occasional use, not and everyday thing.
    I'd like to keep the price under about $200....??

2. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Well my recommendation when I clicked the thread was this machine since I have personal experience with it. My parents have one and when I visit them I drink about 20-30 cups of espresso, about 4-5 a day because it's so damned easy as pushing a button. It's the best-simplified machine I have ever used and it is 100% consistent and you get to use your own choice of beans.

Miele CVA6401 24 Inch Built-In Non-Plumbed Coffee System with DirectSensor Controls, Dual Dispensing Spouts, 10 User Profiles, Automatic Rinse/Cleaning Program and Integrated LED Lighting: Clean Touch Steel

But since you are keeping a price point, the Nespresso line is around that pricepoint and the per cup price is not ridiculous but you have to use their aluminum (recyclable) cups. The bottom line of the machines are just as good as the top of the line. The brews are consistent and just as good as that Miele machine except that you cannot pick your own beans.

Essenza Mini Piano Black Bundle | Original Espresso Machine | Nespresso USA

3. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

At that price point, you'll get a machine that uses steam for pressure, rather than a pump (strong coffee vs espresso).

I'd suggest looking for a used or refurbished Gaggia Classic. It's a $450 machine that goes for $250-$300 refurbished and whatever on Ebay. I bought one for both of my daughters and they haven't destroyed them, yet.

4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

A buddy of mine has one similar to that. We stayed the weekend at his place and my wife was like ‘His coffee maker was so cool! We should get one like that! And your parents? We should buy them one as a gift with how much they love good coffee!”

I showed her the price tag and she changed her mind. :p

I’d still love one some day. But that price is a bit steep for me to rationalize.

5. DAKA

I just sold our Pasquini Livia 90, for$500..and it's 10 years old, and just took up too much counter space for a once or twice a week cappuccino.
    There seem to be some $200 pump machines (amazon) just wondering if any of them are any good...I don't like using machines that create so much waste as the pod machines do....

6. DAKA

We bought a Delongi...$200 machine $179 on Amazon...WIKI brought it to $149, and Macys sold it to me at $139...after a bit of ¨discussion¨
    Waiting for a real Tamper and decaf espresso .....so haven t tried it yet.

• Like Like x 2