1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Exquisite corpse (cadavre exquis), Mk II

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Baraka_Guru, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Some of you may remember this from 4.0. See the original thread here: http://thetfp.com/tfp/tilted-literature/153005-exquisite-corpse-cadavre-exquis.html#ixzz1kgiimVl8

Let's kick this off again.

Here is a "reboot" of the 4.0 OP:

Back in the day, a bunch of Surrealists created a compositional game, whereby each collaborator adds to a composition in sequence.

I'd like to play this game with anyone who's willing. Let's see what sort of strings we can create by following certain rules.

We can change the rules as we go along, but let's start in a straightforward manner:

1) Each composition may only be one sentence long.

2) Each sentence must be placed in spoiler tags* with the exception of a few words (your discretion, but no more than five). For example, if I were to write, "He used the knife to cut the apple in half," I could use spoiler tags to submit it like so:

or:

It's the same sentence, but each effect may produce quite different responses from others....

3) You may choose to make associations, either directly or indirectly, based on the exposed words. Do not read the hidden parts of the sentences.

4) You are not permitted to read the complete sentences until we agree to stop the overall composition. Once we do so, we will string them together into one post for all to read.

*Spoiler tags are set as: [ spoiler] [/ spoiler] (with no spaces within the brackets)

I will start.

Dear Reader, this is
    what I read
    in the Second Edition.

2. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Since the dawn of time, man
    has used his curiosity
    and imagination to advance himself to new heights of creativity and invention.

3. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

Her lack of compassion

aroused my

fury towards mankind

like that?

4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Her insipid
    curiosity proved rather
    cold, a barrier.