1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Extreme Case Modding (and other home tech geek queries)

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Lucifer, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Interesting built, have you considered using one of the laptop->tablet digitizers to basically make a 20+ inch android tablet on the wall? Since most of those digitizers are pressure sensitive rather than capacitive the selection resolution can be higher, and you can place a waterproof covering over the outside to seal it. You could make yourself a kitchen-computer that's greaseproof and can just be wiped down.

2. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

hmm, no, i haven't. Got a linky?

3. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Here's an instructables on the basic principle.

4. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

The kitchen computer in it's final incarnation and working as intended. It's quite nice to be able to read the CBC and the local Chronicle Herald websites in the morning while I sip my coffee before heading for work. Not to mention the streaming of music while cooking supper! At some future point, I want to build a better frame for the box, maybe from maple and then varnished, but other projects beckon first.

[​IMG]