1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook wars: British woman fined Dh3,000

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cynthetiq, Jul 21, 2011.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

What do you think about this?

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Besides E.L. sounding like she's an idiot?

I don't have enough information to determine whether the fine was warranted. Is it considered defamation? Or was it considered at attack on/criticism of religion?

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Why would she be friends with this colleague on Facebook if she didn't like the colleague in the first place?

And why the hell would someone be happy that the month of Ramadan was coming to an end? That seems totally dumb to me.

I think this is definitely a case of people being stupid and oversensitive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I think you could be happy that Ramadan was coming to an end because the big celebration that happens at that the end is very cool. Not that this is the case here.

As you say, this is a case where the stupid intersects with the oversensitive.