1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

fantasy football

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

are we still on?

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I'm still in. :)

3. Jet, where ever he's lurking, set up a league. Got my invite as soon as they announced the new collective bargaining agreement had been reached. Just biding time until the draft!

4. ralphie250

will it automatically draft for you if you arent online at the time?

5. Borla

Yes.

However, we need at least one more player to sign up to have a league. We currently have 5 teams, and if you have an odd number of teams Yahoo won't let the league start because it would mean one team would have to sit out every week.

6. ralphie250

do i need to set it up that way?

7. EyeSeePeeDude

EyeSeePeeDude Getting Tilted

I'll join, if there is still room... Just need the league info/password

8. Borla

Not necessarily. If you do nothing it'll use the default rankings for players (which is decent) and autodraft for you. If you'd like to adjust the rankings yourself than you can do so.

I don't remember the password now that I'm signed up. Maybe Jetee can pop in here and repost the info.

9. ralphie250

i have it somewhere. ill try to find it.

10. The more, the more interesting... and merrier!

11. Borla

I have the link to the league page.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/168580

I just don't remember what the password was if you wanted to sign up a new team. Once you sign up you don't need it anymore.

12. EyeSeePeeDude

Should be able to see it in the league settings page...

13. EyeSeePeeDude

14. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Apologies, guys.

Every single time I decide to go abroad, I come back all discombobulated, and someone has decided to move my house to another side of town. (/metaphor)

Anyway, besides my problems in keeping up with my own life, how are you all faring?
    Is anyone else still knocking on the league door waiting to get in?

I tried to send Strange Famous a 'private message' per his request to try out this year, but apparently, there is no longer such a feature in this format (or I'm looking in the wrong bush).

So.., with that thought still in my mind, here is the message I meant to send to him, but can be useful for anyone else wanting to join in on the fun.
    Now, please excuse me as try to find my face again.
    Good to be back, I suppose, as the new guy who has no network connections.
    {this self-deprecating humour of mine might already be wearing thin. -shifts- Enjoy the new season guys! It's ON!}

15. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

I probably follow American Football less than anyone else, because it doesnt get much coverage in the UK... hopefully a team of people who were good two years ago will be good enough!

If you end up with odd numbers you can drop me.

16. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

we need one more, but 3 or 5 would be even better! hopefully this bumps the thread as the draft is tue.!!

17. So. who is gonna be "the man" at QB this year? The tried and true: Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees? The young guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman?
    How about RB? Is Foster the real deal? Do you trust Minnesota to maximize Peterson's skills? Do MJD or Chris Johnson keep producing?
    WR? If you don't score a Johnson or White, can you count on anyone consistently?
    Whose defense will dominate?

Who are your favorites this season? Your dark horses?

I believe there will be some real gems to be mined deep in this draft. Heck, I grabbed Arian Foster as a late round "gamble" last year. This year, he's the consensus top pick! The pre-season hasn't shed any light that I can discern. Less than 2 weeks until the draft. I am still trying to figure things out.

18. highjinx

i've found that after you get your top 3 picks it's best to fill out your wr's before anything else. there's a lot of depth to be had at every other position into the later rounds, especially at qb and te this year. personally i like the patriots receivers, manningham, rookie julio jones, and as a sleeper steve smith of carolina since he has cam newton throwing to him now. i see rb's like felix jones and even deangelo williams going into the 70's and 80's picks and starters like tim hightower even later.

i like detroits offense a lot this year. stafford has a great arm if he can stay healthy and can be had all the way into the 100's. nate burleson goes undrafted a lot and he could do a lot of damage opposite calvin johnson.

19. I dunno if I trust receivers with a rookie QB... especially one who didn't play a pro-set offense in college. RBs in a pass-heavy offense scare me, too.
    Stafford's injury history could make him drop that far, but, as you say, if healthy he'll put up monster numbers for 2 receivers and a tight end. Detroit's D might lead the league in sacks this year.

What's more important to fantasy owners? Is it a monster D line, a shut-down CB or a stud LB corps?

20. highjinx

generally in fantasy, defense isn't spread out individually; you just take a whole teams defense for your slot. in real life, different teams have different specialties. they're calling philly the "angry birds" because they have good corners and safeties and should see a lot of pick 6's. if haynesworth is motivated, new england should get a lot of sacks and caused fumbles. the Jets are just good everywhere on D.