1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

fantasy football

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

what time?

2. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

Tue Sep 6 3:15pm PDT

there's actually another week to go now that i looked at it

3. ralphie250

this is a real stupid question what is it edt?

4. If there is still room I would like to play.

5. highjinx

Eastern Daylight Time

i'll write to the commish and one of us will pm you the league id and password.

6. ralphie250

i mean what time in edt?

7. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Stupid question, but is there any way to move the draft to either Labor Day or maybe the Sunday evening before? For those of us with jobs a time in the middle of the afternoon on a Tuesday will probably be tough to dedicate to a fantasy football draft.

If not, I'll just rely on Yahoo. :eek:

8. highjinx

315pm pdt= 615pm edt. i'd be happy to show up for a different time but i don't know how easy that is to do; ask jet. i recommend at least pre-ranking some of your favorite players if you have to autopick.

9. ralphie250

:)autopick i will be doing. well see what happens.

10. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

For those of you who have already accepted the invites sent out, or used the manual entry code I posted above, I posit this:

Would any of youse guys (true meaning: would most of you) also be willing to join in on the tandem TFP league that has been running alongside Tilted Time for two years running now, TFP FF? Yes, it was originally started by essendoubleop, but I took over moderate duties for its revival last year, and I'm sure quite a few of you participated in it; I'd like to start it up again as soon as possible, but I really want to gauge interest in if we only have four willing participants, versus a fired-up baker's dozen of willing fantasy aficionados.

For those asking, it is a completely different scoring system from the mostly transparent, yet still-long standing PPR (point per catch) that Tilted Time employs.
    Additionally, for those who are intrigued, I will seek to implement both IDP (individual defensive player) scoring, as well as auction draft rules.

All I am really looking for is about a half dozen yeas (or nays) from those who are here, play fantasy football, and might like a more customised, all-encompassing fantasy league experience. If the response is positive enough, and I don't fall into another chasm by week's end, I'm quite sure two weeks' time is plenty of fore-notice to recruit 8, 10, 12, perhaps even 16 of you NFL followers to experience a new sort of competitive fantasy, but with the familiar and jovial personalities of the TFP.

11. Borla

How crazy/unique are we talking about the scoring being in that alternate league? Is it possible for you to cut/paste the rules and settings for us to look at? I really, REALLY don't need to add a 5th FF league to my plate, but I'm a glutton for punishment so might be persuaded to do so if you need someone to fill out a last spot or something.

12. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Not to brag, but mostly because I was a fantasy novice just a few years ago, but (I hate using this interjection twice) I competed in 12 leagues last season (most to date), and I actually won 8 of them outright. I believe there was only 1 or 2 of them in which I was not involved in the the fantasy finals, and there's also a gripe about CBSSports scoring that two years in a row, I failed to make the playoffs by 1 single point, and that is because CBSSports doesn't count return touchdowns as 6 points.

I'll copy/paste the league settings from last year's fracass.

EDIT:
    Apparently, I can't post anything due to being a fledging. Do I need ten inconsequential posts before I'm allowed to post a link and/or image?

13. highjinx

seeing as it's not looking good for me to have my usual 3 or 4 fantasy nba teams this year, i'd be up for one more football. the sooner the better would be good on the rules. ind. defensive players sounds pretty complex.

14. Borla

I'm not sure what the min requirements are for posting that. You could try messaging it to me and I could try posting it if you like.

15. Heck, I'm in. Jump on board, y'all!

16. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Since you had an odd number of teams and couldnt start the league that way, I deleted mine.

17. ralphie250

couple of questions. i have never played fantasy before.
    1) when i go to the league and i rate my players, is that the order that they be picked if im not online?
    2) how many of each positions do i get?
    3) roughly how long does the draft take?
    4) is it something i can do from my droid?

18. Borla

1) Yes, conditionally. First, it's obviously only if no one else has picked that player. Second, autodrafting will fill in your starters first. So even if you have a RB next in your rankings, if you have already picked your starting RBs, it will default to the next highest ranking player in a position you haven't filled yet.

2) The TFP league is set up to use 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1TE, 1 K, 1 Defense/Special Teams, 1 'flex' position that can be either a RB or WR. Then you fill out 6 bench positions that can be anything you want.

3) For 6 teams it shouldn't take long. You get 90 seconds max to pick, if someone is autodrafting it will only take 10-20 seconds to autopick. So you will probably be done in an hour or less.

4) Not sure. Get the Yahoo FF app, or at least look at it's description. That's what you'll need IF it's possible.

19. ralphie250

thanks very much

20. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

For those who may have scheduling conflicts, I now offer the forum to those who may have a better date/time suggestion. (I should have been more intimately involved these past weeks, but my own scheduling conflicts forced me to live with nothing more than a two-bar cell connection.)
    This is to allow a majority vote of those involved in the league, six of concretely, but we still have 1 or 2 tapping on the glass (G.Hamburger & S.Famous).

To note: Even if we do decide to change the draft date to sometime this weekend (Sat./Sun.) or actually shift it by just a day to Labor Day, there is no guarantee that the particular start time to the live online draft will be available. Yahoo! implements a first come/first serve draft time priority, and I believe their international servers can only accommodate so many draft rooms at one specific time.

Is there any grand impetus for a voice in changing the draft date/time to either:
    - This Sat./Sun in the afternoon/evening hours
    - On Labor Day (Monday) at a reasonable and available time slot.
    - Leaving it the way it was set and allowing us to continue drafting on Tues. evening/afternoon