1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

fantasy football

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ralphie250, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

My first preference would be some time this Sunday evening, say between 6-11pm Central time.
    My second preference would be some time Monday late afternoon or evening (Though I concede that this would be a bad time for people who have Labor Day plans).

But I'll live with it regardless. :)

2. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

We still have a week left, and call me crazy, I'm still hoping this league can fill itself out and we'll have 10 teams entering the draft by this time next week.
    I'd love to have you, Strange, because I started playing fantasy because a buddy of mine (who lives in Germany, by the way) gave me a friendly invite to join.
    Even though I was horrible because I couldn't quite understand that 10 yards equals 1 point or some other obvious part of the game, I got hooked, decided I could do better, and now I am a full-fledged superfan of nearly every aspect of the NFL (I still don't quite have the know-how of what the integral role of a longsnapper or center does, but I still respect their trade).

Additionally, I'm still trying to decide whether or not to "rescind" invites I sent out to MontanaXVI, BaltiBirds, FXSTD Hardpack, and others, because with the way Yahoo! works, it is not an automatic first come/no need to worry, I'm already in the league. Apparently, any and all invites that a commissioner sends occupies a set "possible" team in the league, but without confirmation from the one who has received the message, they do not show as a real team yet.
    The reason why, is obvious: they have not joined the league, but the system still considers them as waiting/on-call fantasy managers, up until the point I just decide to "un-invite" owners from past seasons.

3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

it really dosent matter to me when it is. i understand that you cant make it a date and time that will make everyone happy. either i will autodraft or i will be online to do it myself. either way it dosent matter to me.

4. Huzzah! I have just joined the league.
    I will try to make myself available at draft time.

5. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Welcome, Giant Hamburger, to the resurrection of what I will henceforth refer to as Tilted Time 2.0 (a fantasy football establishment).

Oh, and before I forget, for those also wanting to try their hand in TFP FF (The return yardage, half-point PPR, 2 QB, pumped-up DEF, and possibly IDP and Auction Draft rules NFL league - I have a really bad feeling it won't fill up in time to be as great as it could be, but still, go ahead and give it a shot, I tried really hard, please?)

The league ID# is 747781
    And the password is xenforoisthenewtfp

-- to note: if you own another Yahoo! fantasy fooball league, you may just replace the url address of the league ID# of the league homepage with the above, (747781) hit 'enter' into your address bar, and hopefully, with my rudimentary directions, you will be able to see the league's settings and members as they are currently configured.

6. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

arrrg-

i had a mixed blessing of 2 college friends calling me out of the blue which felt great but i have to miss the draft to see them. this means that 1) i'll probably be verrry open to trade talks and 2) i'll enjoy it even more when i win! best o' luck in the draft tomorrow ;P

7. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

looks like I'm working during the draft...

8. ralphie250

i hope auto draft does me well:p

9. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

For those who are finally relieved that we have the minimum number of teams in order to make this a competitive foray, I will also announce that the draft will officially start in what will about ~10 minutes from now.

If you are already a member of the league, you can head over to the league homepage and you should see the option to enter the live draft window.
    Best of luck, compadres.

10. Nice draft. I'm fairly happy with my starters and there's plenty of talented free agents available.
    Let's ROCK!

11. SuburbanZombie

SuburbanZombie Housebroken

I'm not a football fanatic so I didn't recognize most of the names on my roster..lol
    Lets see how they do...

12. ralphie250

was not able to make the draft. seems as though im happy though as i did rate players. im new to this so i hope i dont mess it up.
    --- merged: Sep 7, 2011 3:27 PM ---
    how do i make my starters?

13. highjinx

look to the left of the names... if there's a position (like RB, TE, etc..) that means they're playing that week. if it says a variation of BN, they're benched.

you want to go on you're strongest players and make sure you swap them out for bye weeks of course, but also consider matchups. if one of your WR's is against revis from the jets that week for instance, you might want to bench him.

that said, i can't believe my draft. how i got peterson, turner, vick, jermichael, and big mike wallace in the first 5 rounds is flabbergasting. watch out for my team!

14. ralphie250

is there a way to trade a player or swap one? seems i only have one rb

15. highjinx

i looked at your team. your empty slot at the moment is actually a flex spot where you can play a RB or WR, whatever your strongest option is. you can swap out players from amongst the "free agent pool." once you're looking at your team, click "players" tab and when you find one you want, click the little green + sign next to his name. i reccomend starting with swapping out your extra defense and kicker; you really only need one of those unless your benching one for their bye week when they don't play.

if there's a player or players you like on someone else's team, you can use the pulldown in the players tab to initiate trade talk with them; just click the little double arrow where the + sign usually is for the free agents and you can put together a package to propose step by step.

edit: ill send you a trade proposal as an example.

16. ralphie250

oh. i read this after i saw the trade. ignore it. my bad...

how do i fill my flex spot?
    --- merged: Sep 9, 2011 3:33 PM ---
    i dont see it on the roster. sorry for all the questions

17. highjinx

no problem; ask away. the flex spot is under your TE. it's actually labelled "W/R" for wr or rb. you have willis mcgahee in there now. nice pickup on sproles though. you might want to put him in it next week.

edit: from the transaction board it appears that you are dropping people before you pick them up. you can streamline your process by simply adding someone with your roster full. it will then ask you to choose who to drop automatically.

18. ralphie250

thanks, im starting to get the hang of it. just frustratetd that i wanted manning hoping he would play and now he is out for 2-3 months. oh well.

19. highjinx

yea, thats football. i had jermichael finley last year too, wasted my 4th pick on him and he went out for the season right away. at least you have a good backup in stafford. he might do better than manning would have if he stays healthy.

20. ralphie250

very true. he has a nice target in calvin johnson. well see. good luck this weekend. not sure who screaming eagles is. but i play them