1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Favorite Ice Cream

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by snowy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. omega

omega Very Tilted

Well it's nice that there are all these custom places, but sometimes you need to just buy a half gallon. My girlfriend has recently turned me on to blue bell ice cream and I have to say, that is pretty good. You can feel the weight in the container. Also, costco vanilla is also a good quality ice cream. It is dense and full of cream. There is a gelato place in Tucson called frost that has some good stuff.

2. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Blue Bell offers many interesting flavors, some are seasonal or for a limited time. A few of our favorites are: Coffee, Southern Blueberry Cobbler, Banana Pudding, Blueberry Cheesecake, Raspberry Cheesecake. The cheesecake ICs have deep & rich flavor.

My wife occasionally 'splurges' on Haagen-Daz Rum Raisin. Our unwritten agreement is it's all hers unless she offers me some.

4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

butter pecan, guess its a southern thing

5. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

Next time you are in Sydney, I'd suggest doing a run to these guys:

Gelato Messina | Voted best gelato in Australia by Good Food Guide

They have a few stores around Sydney (my closest is Parramatta - this is a 1/2 hour drive from home), but still worth the trip. A lot of adult flavours like bitter dark chocolate, but have a flavour to suit every palette and everything is made from scratch. Yum!

6. redux

redux Very Tilted

I had my first taste of rolled ice cream (made on an anti-griddle) yesterday.

It was pretty decent with a different consistency than churned ice cream, being rolled so thin, and very fresh.

• Like Like x 3
  7. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Lately I have been taking various iterations of chocolate ice cream and adding graham cracker pieces and marshmallows to make s'more ice cream. Yum.

• Like Like x 2
  8. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Chocolate chip (Baskin-Robbins)
    Mint chocolate chip (Baskin-Robbins....with marshmallow topping)
    Vanilla
    Heavenly Hash/Rocky Road
    :)

9. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

I love adding things in to my own icecream. Layering in smores poptarts used to be a favorite. There's also a local business (it's a chain now actually) that does italian ice... their chocolate italian ice layered with vanilla icecream is incredible.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I've been known to add things like maple syrup, graham crackers, and/or mini Reese's Pieces to ice cream.

• Like Like x 1
  12. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Braums Ice Cream Stores and I prefer soft serve frozen yogurt in a LARGE waffle cone. Chocolate and vanilla mix.

13. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Salted Caramel from HERE
    Toasted Marshmallow from HERE

14. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

My fave ice cream flavor is the one within reach.

Here in the States, Baskin Robbin's/31 Flavors Jamocha Almond Fudge.
    In Ontario, Kawartha Dairy Moose Tracks.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  15. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Publix has two variants of moose tracks, both are delicious. Although I'm a sucker for their "organic" (really just premium ingredient) vanilla and chocolate. They both make incredible malt shakes and the Vanilla goes great with orange concentrate as a pseudojulius.

• Like Like x 2
  17. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I walk into Baskin Robbins and look at all 31 flavors. I walk and look at the case for a few minutes. I pace up and down. I ask for samples. And @skogafoss snickers. If we are with other friend's she'll say, " Watch he's going to pick Rocky Road."

And sure enough. I will pick Rocky Road.

I like it from BR, Dryer's/Edy's. But I don't like the marshmallow ribbon, nope it has to be little marshmallows.

Here's what's weird, I for the life of me don't like chocolate ice cream. "But Cyn, Rocky Road is chocolate ice cream!" you'd explain. Yes, you are right. For some reasons I don't like it. Until recently...

What I have been doing for times when RR flavor is not available in the freezer case, I buy chocolate ice cream, some little jet puffed marshmallows, and some peanuts or almonds. I'll mix up my own Rocky Road after crushing the nuts and sprinkling with sea salt and a hearty heaping of little mallows.

Now, right after that, in a small little ice cream parlor in Chinatown, my favorite is Lychee Sorbet. Sometimes they have an exotic flavor that I always check for when I go... Rocky Road. :D:D:D:D:D

Chinatown Ice Cream Factory
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I do the same, except I choose Pralines and Cream.:p

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I do a variation when I don't buy Jamocha Almond Fudge, I always taste it. I always taste a couple of flavors first, didn't know there was any other way of doing it!

• Like Like x 1