1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Movie Quotes

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Knight Templar, Nov 11, 2012.

1. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."

- GodFather

2. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Holy Warrior

"Klaatu: I am leaving soon, and you will forgive me if I speak bluntly. The universe grows smaller every day, and the threat of aggression by any group, anywhere, can no longer be tolerated. There must be security for all, or no one is secure. Now, this does not mean giving up any freedom, except the freedom to act irresponsibly. Your ancestors knew this when they made laws to govern themselves and hired policemen to enforce them. We, of the other planets, have long accepted this principle. We have an organization for the mutual protection of all planets and for the complete elimination of aggression. The test of any such higher authority is, of course, the police force that supports it. For our policemen, we created a race of robots. Their function is to patrol the planets in spaceships like this one and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression, we have given them absolute power over us. This power cannot be revoked. At the first sign of violence, they act automatically against the aggressor. The penalty for provoking their action is too terrible to risk. The result is, we live in peace, without arms or armies, secure in the knowledge that we are free from aggression and war. Free to pursue more... profitable enterprises. Now, we do not pretend to have achieved perfection, but we do have a system, and it works. I came here to give you these facts. It is no concern of ours how you run your own planet, but if you threaten to extend your violence, this Earth of yours will be reduced to a burned-out cinder. Your choice is simple: join us and live in peace, or pursue your present course and face obliteration. We shall be waiting for your answer. The decision rests with you."

-The Day the Earth Stood Still - 1951

3. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

"Your mom goes to college"

- Kipper (Napolen Dynomite)

4. Ozmanitis

Ozmanitis Trust in your will and Hope will burn bright!

"...don't buy drugs, become a pop star and they give them to you for free"

-Love Actually

5. Knight Templar

"Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
    Lance: What?
    Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
    [kneels]
    Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...
    [Kilgore unhappily walks off]"

-Apocalypse Now - 1979

6. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

"Drugs are bad mmmkay"

- Mr. Mackey

7. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

John Connor: "We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean."

The Terminator: *observing two children arguing over who shot who first with toy guns* "It's in your nature to destroy yourselves."

John Connor: *observing same children* "Yeah. Major drag, huh? "

• Like Like x 2
  8. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

"Robert better not get in my face... 'cause I'll drop that motherfucker!"

- Brennan Huff

9. Knight Templar

"Virgil: Keep your pantyhose on."

-The Abyss

10. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

"This guy is either gonna think ’Here’s another kid with a fake ID’ or ’Here’s McLovin, a 25 year-old Hawaiian organ donor’. Okay? So what’s it gonna be?”

- Superbad

11. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

From HEAT, 1995:

Vincent Hanna: You know what? Neil is gone. Bam! Flying, like a bird.
    Detective Casals: Vincent, how do you know? We still got bait. Maybe some time.
    Vincent Hanna: Got? Got? What've we got? *What've we got?* Bon voyage, motherfucker. You were good. I'm going to the hotel. Gonna take a shower. Gonna sleep, for a month.

• Like Like x 1
  12. aquafox

aquafox Getting Tilted

I love that movie.

I'm surrounded by assholes!
    - lord helmet. Spaceballs

13. Knight Templar

Ian Breckel:" What were you doing in El Salvador?
    Jack Conrad: Working on my tan.
    Ian Breckel: Why did you blow the building up?
    Jack Conrad: It was blocking my sun."

-The Condemned

14. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

TOTO, I'VE GOT A FEELING WE'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE"
    - Wizard of OZ

15. Knight Templar

John McClane: " Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker."

-Die Hard - 1988

16. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

“Do you concur?” “Damnit! Why didn’t I concur?!”
    - Catch Me If You Can

17. Knight Templar

Evey Hammond: "Who are you?
    V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.
    Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.
    V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

-V for Vendetta

18. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

“You’ve got red on you.” — Shaun of the Dead

19. Knight Templar

[last lines]
    Dilios: And so my king died, and my brothers died, barely a year ago. Long I pondered my king's cryptic talk of victory. Time has proven him wise, for from free Greek to free Greek, the word was spread that bold Leonidas and his three hundred, so far from home, laid down their lives. Not just for Sparta, but for all Greece and the promise this country holds.
    [takes his spear from a soldier]
    Dilios: Now, here on this ragged patch of earth called Plataea, Xerxes's hordes face obliteration!
    Spartan Army: HA-OOH!
    Dilios: Just there the barbarians huddle, sheer terror gripping tight their hearts with icy fingers... knowing full well what merciless horrors they suffered at the swords and spears of three hundred. Yet they stare now across the plain at *ten thousand* Spartans commanding thirty thousand free Greeks! HA-OOH!
    Spartan Army: HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH!
    Dilios: The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Greek. This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny and usher in a future brighter than anything we can imagine.
    [puts on his helmet]
    Dilios: Give thanks, men, to Leonidas and the brave 300! TO VICTORY!
    [the Greek army roars and charges]

20. Knight Templar

Reno: "Hey, partner...
    [points at bomb in hand]
    Reno: This thing... uh... got any bite to it?
    Rude: Shin-Ra technology at its finest.
    Reno: Oh, so you made it?
    Rude: If nothing else, it's... flashy.
    Reno: Oh, good...
    Rude: You love it, I know.
    Reno: Looks like today we're clockin' out early."

-Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children