1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Movie Quotes

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Knight Templar, Nov 11, 2012.

1. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

The Grandson: A book?
    Grandpa: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm gonna read it to you.
    -The Princess Bride

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
    Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
    [a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
    Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
    Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.
    -Casablanca

• Like Like x 1
  2. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Holy Warrior

"Lieutenant Valeris: A bird of prey?
    Captain Spock: A bird of prey.
    Commander Pavel Chekov: Cloaked?
    Captain Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott: A bird of prey cannot open fire when it's cloaked!
    Captain Spock: All things being equal, Mr. Scott, I would agree with you. All things, however, are not equal. This one can."

-Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

3. Knight Templar

"General Chang: I can see you, Kirk.
    Captain James T. Kirk: Chang.
    General Chang: Can you see me? Oh, now be honest, Captain, warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be? No peace in our time. Once more unto the breach, dear friends."

4. Knight Templar

"[last lines]
    [Kirk's final Captain's Log]
    Captain James T. Kirk: Captain's Log, stardate 9529.1. This is the final cruise of the Starship Enterprise under my command. This ship and her history will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun, and journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man... where no *one* has gone before."

5. Knight Templar

Re-post ? If it is sorry !

6. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

Dont be sorry. I very much disliked the movie version of V for Vendetta but damn they nailed that scene.

7. pWf

pWf Getting Tilted

This is 40
    What's the difference between a straight mustache and a gay mustache? The smell...

This is 40
    take your iPad and your iPod or your iMac and I'll shove them up your fucking iCunt.

True Romance

I'd Fuck Elvis...

8. Knight Templar

"When You have eliminated all which is impossible,
    Then whatever remains, however improbable,
    must be the truth "
    -Sherlock Holmes

Don't know where it's from but love the quote !

9. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

<Insert nearly anything from the original Caddyshack here, especially the scenes with Rodney Dangerfield and Ted Knight>

10. Knight Templar

My signature !

11. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

"Anyone who wants to be a can't-hack-it pantywaist who wears their mama's bra, raise your hand." (the Sandlot)

• Like Like x 1
  12. "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum."

and

"Brother, life's a bitch... and she's back in heat."

Both by Roddy Piper's character, Nada, in They Live

13. Knight Templar

Col. William 'Hawk' Hawkins: [Frank and Hawk are inside the centrifuge/spinning machine, which is about to be started] The first one to pass out buys the beers tonight...
    Frank Corvin: [machine start spinning] You're on...
    Col. William 'Hawk' Hawkins: [machine speed increases and it's moving really fast] This thing's moving?...
    Frank Corvin: I don't know... Doesn't seems to be moving to me...
    Col. William 'Hawk' Hawkins: [machine speed continues to increase] Say, fellas, is y'all's equipment broke down? Fellas?
    [everybody's watching the show]
    Col. William 'Hawk' Hawkins: You're a pushover, Frank!.
    Col. William 'Hawk' Hawkins: [machine is now spinning at top speed] I do believe it's moving now...
    Tank Sullivan: That sure will take the wrinkles out
    Eugene 'Gene' Davis: [walking into the control room] WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?
    [crowd disappears]
    Eugene 'Gene' Davis: [really pissed, hits the emergency stop on the centrifuge] I'm sure you think you're putting on a great show, but this is not a toy! Now which one of you assholes wants to explain this?
    Frank Corvin: Gene?
    Eugene 'Gene' Davis: WHAT?
    Frank Corvin: Which one of us passed out first?
    Eugene 'Gene' Davis: I'm getting too old for this shit..."

-Space Cowboys

14. Knight Templar

"Frank Corvin: Well, what do you say, Reverend? You think a prayer's in order?
    Tank Sullivan: I was just reciting the Shepard's Prayer. Alan Shepard's prayer. Please God, don't let us screw up. Amen."

-Space Cowboys

15. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

"Because there's no crying in baseball! There's no crying in baseball!" -- A League of Their Own.

16. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

At my last place I worked there was resident that in her younger years was in the real life league they used as the basis for that movie. She was mostly handicapped by age related things and quite cantankerous when I saw her, but she had some height and no doubt strength back in her healthier years when she had been able to stand and do those kind of athletic things.

as far this thread theme, how about a line from a riffing on MST3k? This is from The Skydivers (Season 6, Episode 9)
    "He's like an idiot savant, minus the savant."

17. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

From Kingpin:

Roy Munson: Hey, Herb, how's life?

Herbie: Taking forever.

18. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

Juno:

Mac MacGuff: And I'm gonna punch that Bleeker kid in the wiener next time i see him.

19. Knight Templar

"Harry Callahan: A man's got to know his limitations."

-Magnum Force

20. Knight Templar

"Harry Callahan: Here's a seven-point suppository, Captain.
    Capt McKay: What did you say?
    Harry Callahan: I said stick it in your ass."

-The Enforcer