1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Feel good story of the day. Go Chargers' fans!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Borla, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

That is pretty cool, eh? :) Part of it because it seems like the good deed was done to someone who works hard and needs the money, but mostly just because it was a group of people doing the right thing (and using positive peer pressure to motivate others to do that too). :cool:

I saw something along these lines happen myself over the weekend. I was at the airport waiting to get on a plane and a young woman walked up to the gate agent and said she had found a wallet and wanted to turn it in. Aside from credit cards and personal stuff, there was a decent amount of cash in there (I don't know the total, but I was sitting close enough to see a number of large bills). The gate agent thanked her and took the wallet. As the girl walked away multiple people she walked past praised her for the good deed. About 10 minutes later the owner came up looking for it as he heard it had been turned in. He immediately asked the gate agent who turned it in because he wanted to reward them. The girl had walked away so she wasn't nearby. He told the agent and several others in the area "if you see her come back, please show me who it was, I want to reward her". And eventually she came back and he did.

It's good to see random acts of kindness done, especially when they are to people who seem to appreciate and value it.

Have you witnessed anything similar lately? Or had a personal experience?