1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

females, feminists and femininity.

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by mixedmedia, Nov 5, 2013.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I really want a Notorious RBG shirt I can wear on decision days.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

Ginsburg is great on those kinds of issues, but she is just awful when it comes to copyright.

For example, she wrote the majority opinion in Eldred v. Ashcroft, which held that it's just fine for Congress to keep extending the term of copyrights, to infinity on the installment plan.

4. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

My personal experience says no, but then I am reminded that the vibrator was invented for a reason.

In any case, if these researchers ever want a glimpse of cold hard reality, I would invite them to conduct their studies interviewing my wife, the eight other girls I briefly dated (but did not have sex with) and the 15+ other girls I asked out (but got shot down)

I believe the results might surprise them.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

Oh, she loves it alright. ..

No you need to figure out who with...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Ouch.

7. Rebel CR

Rebel CR Vertical

What are your earliest memories of gender awareness?
    So early don't remember how early.

What were the norms for gender in your family and your community?
    Like MixedMedia no gender roles were established in my family, other than our dress code. With four older brothers thou', I was a tomboy. I had dolls but I spent more time building & driving go-carts, riding motorbikes around our farmlet's paddocks, shooting tin lids on the fence with the slug gun out of my brothers bedroom windows and had to chop the fire's kindling just like my brothers. I also did a paper run like my brothers but my Mum drove me the whole run on wet days ;)

How have your attitudes toward gender been influenced by your personal experiences -

with your friendships?
    Because I grew up with four older brothers, I got on better with males when I was younger. Now that I'm older, men are a lot of a time a challenge due to their inability to communicate so I prefer female company. I was also extremely disappointed after meeting my birth mother, to discover after having four brothers, I had no half-sister; instead another two half-brothers!!!

with your romantic relationships?
    Raped by five men when at the tender age of 18 & married at 25, my marriage suffered. To scared to deal with my rape for a long time after it happened, I dealt with it far to late; in my mid 20s. As a result, my attitude towards myself & men in general, with the exception of my ex-husband, was lousy until I did finally confront my rape to deal with it.

How do you feel about feminism and how do you express it (if at all)?
    Like MixedMedia
    What is your relationship with femininity?
    A lot of the time, I still wish I was a male - but not enough surgically! Because of the necessities us women need, i.e. tampons, stockings, handbags, birth control, lingerie & make-up etc, it's so damn expensive being a female :mad: Again like MixedMedia (we really should meet :)) , in my 20s I wore full make-up every day but now, only occasionally I wear foundation & lipstick. However because my main part-time job isn't in the corporate environment anymore, my whole wardrobe of corporate clothes is only worn at my other part-time job, one half day a week, so tak (yes), I miss wearing my nicer dresses & skirts.

As for
    living with females breifly last year, now that I'm older & have living on my own for nearly 20yrs, living with females was a real challenge. I loved the company but I was astounded, & embarrassed, at just how lazy older women can be. Nearly every single morning, I confronted unrinsed dishes in the sink, I was consistently picking up cigarette buts from the front lawn & depositing them in the two nearby ashtrays, I was always taking recycled rubbish from the kitchen's small bins to the big recycling rubbish a few steps away outside the kitchen door & excess water on the bathroom floor outside the shower was never wiped away.