1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Flower Photos

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Cernunnos, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

Found this unknown flower while visiting New Dehli (India)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. ring

ring

3. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Growing round the back of a cottage in Bognor Regis, England :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I was moving pictures over to my 'new' gallery and came across this that has been sitting all lonely and forgotten on my site for several years now: (used to be the header image on my blog)
    seeing those few specks of odd green near the top and middle almost bugs me now.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. ring

ring

A neighbor's begonias. I love the colors.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Speed_Gibson

Went to a local garden the other day -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this took a bit more work post processing for obvious reasons - I took this series of shots with this end goal in mind.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. ring

ring

9. Speed_Gibson

I would call this a happy accident when I consider it was taken with my G2 that does a lousy job with depth of focus on a good day, and less said the better other days.
    From May 2004
    [​IMG]

10. ring

ring

lit.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

My favorite flowers. Nothing happier than giant fields of sunflowers.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fly

Fly music is the answer

great shot joe........the bench is nestled right in there.

13. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

Thanks bro. I was chilling on that bench for a bit until it became insane with bees. I'm thinking it's their fav flower too......

14. ring

ring

most years if i trim the orchid stem halfway back after its first bloomfest
    it will send out a new stem with a handful of flowers.
    this year it paused briefly and then zoom-more buds.
    i think it's on its fourth wind. marathon orchid.

orchid forever.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

gmahelen2996.jpg IMG_3078.JPG IMG_3087.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hey, noodle - I like how you caught the detail and solidity of these flowers :)
    I must get out and about with my camera this summer.

Meanwhile, I've been mostly tending my Bathroom Orchid ... so I see what you've done, ring, and that's lovely ... the way your light is coming through the petals - those orchids are magical.

Mine, too, has been insisting on flowering and re-flowering, with nothing except a little cutting back of the stem. I am getting a bit worried, because it has been growing so many pairs of leaves that it has nearly been falling out of the pot and I had to re-pot it, but it was still riding very high ... I fear it might have gone beyond its limits. Lower leaves are going brown. I'll post a picture of it soon ... one I took last week just as one of the flowers was beginning to breathe its last. I hope it will stay strong for years to come, but maybe it has had its time.

Your butterfly-syle stem-catcher looks a lot better than my utilitarian ones

Ah ... I found it:
    _DSC3598.JPG

You can see how the leaves were beginning to wilt, and even the healthy ones are less smooth than I reckon they should be ... they've got deepish ridges, a bit like fingernails when we're not well. FWIW, it does not live balanced on the jaws of a Dremel Multivice. And I did this picture on time-delay, so I could run behind the flower with the blue sheet!

Take care :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

nice time o year to be firing up the flower thread.
    here's some pin-hole tulips........

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. ring

ring

^the towering tulips^ ♫♪

garden-variety

rabbit in my garden.jpg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Wow ... very nice. It took me a few moments to realise the mirroring. Very effective :)

My orchid ... it's looking very different. Flowers are all gone, now, and the lower leaves went all dried up and died. Today, I repotted in in a huge pot, after having snipped some of the dead or rotted roots, and trimming th edead leaves off. I hope I know what I was doing. It's looking more secure, now, but only time will tell if I've helped or harmed it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  20. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

trip down flower lane....

[​IMG]