1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food shopping

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by DAKA, Feb 9, 2018.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

I do the food shopping, why? I actually like to wander the supermarket and Trader Joes....
    I "find" recipes on line and do the shopping, then "we' do the cooking....I do the prep, mis en place...and we do the actual cooking together...
    On the list was toothpaste Mrs. Daka usually buys the "bathroom"stuff but there was toothpaste on the list, so I compared....Colgate and etc $3.95.....Pepsodent.....$0.99...??? Why?

2. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

There is manufacturing plant near here that makes toothpaste.
    They make product for multiple brands.
    They load up the machines with the formula for company A, make a bunch, then move on to company B's formula and so on. Some of it is premium branded, some generic or store brand.
    From what I've heard there are subtle differences in the toothpaste formulas, but not big differences.
    So that's what I know.

3. DAKA

fflowley....
    That's about what I thought....so I'll use the "cheap" stuff and save $3.00... (And I'll no longer "Wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent")

4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I haven't used toothpaste pretty much ever.
    It goes back to the days when I was a kid and we were very broke.
    My mom had us use baking soda which was nasty so I just brushed my teeth with water.

Jadzia thought this was crazy talk so reported me to the dentist.
    The dentist said that really the important part is how long you brush and that the toothpaste mostly just helped people keep brushing.
    My plaque levels were less than Jadzia's, so she stopped bugging me about toothpaste.

On the thread topic I do like food shopping and was the one responsible for it with both wives since I did the cooking.
    It is kind of fun to keep a budget, find new foods (what does that cheese taste like?), change the weeks menu on the fly because they don't have something you need and even couponing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I've enjoyed watching my wife evolve in this area.
    When we married I did 90% of the cooking and we split grocery duties.
    She would go shopping and come home with all sorts of beautiful and tasty looking stuff.......I would look at it all and try to figure out what to do with it!
    Sometimes it made no sense at all.
    Now she cooks almost as much as I do. Her shopping has changed as a result. Now she gets meals planned in her head and picks out the ingredients and the sides that will go with it. So even if I end up cooking that meal it all is there.
    Win win.

• Like Like x 3
  6. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I Love food shopping, wondering the isles and looking at what is stocked on the shelves. Went to the Asian market and wow a completely different world. I had a blast. Duck and or chicken heads packaged in plastic 6 each. Chicken feet, fish heads, you get the idea.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DAKA

Ohhh, gotta' try that...

• Like Like x 1