1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Friend's husband reading wifes texts on iphone?

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Yojimbo1963, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Yojimbo1963 New Member

I hope it's OK if I ask this question here. A friend has an I phone, and thinks her husband has a stalker app on it that lets him read her texts. She has looked for one, but hasn't found one. My question is does anyone know of such a thing, and if so what would it be called? Thanks in advance.
    Jim

2. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

All he has to do is log into iMessage with her account information and all iMessage related texts will show up.

If the number is not registered with iMessage the text will not show up. Example is if the text is to an non-iPhone number, chances are high that those messages will not come across.

3. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

It sounds like the IPhone app is just the tip of the iceberg.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

This. What does she have to hide? Or maybe what causes him to be suspicious? Or, since often the one being suspicious is the one up to no good, what's the scoop with him?

Bottom line - trust is lacking. The real problem is why, and the real solution is communication. Phone apps are merely a symptom.

• Like Like x 2
  5. greywolf

greywolf Slightly Tilted

Whether she is paranoid, or he is a jealous control freak, they do not belong together. Either case will become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

6. Yojimbo1963 New Member

Thanks for the quick replies. More later.

7. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

There is software out there that can do this, I know the old owner of my company installed various programs like this on a few people's phones at the request of their father/husband (he installed it on the guy's daughter, son, and wife's phones). The phone had to be jailbroken, but it allowed him to see EVERYTHING. Texts, phone calls, photos, web browsing and where that person was (based on the phone's GPS). I would turn around at times when he was seeing the "live stream" of sms pictures.... The 15 year old daughter was sending nude pics of herself to drug dealers to get free drugs when she fucked them.

I don't know of any apps that can be installed "normally" that wouldn't show up in the uninstall menu... but I bet money they are out there.

Like everyone else said, if he/she doesn't trust he/she, then you got bigger problems that snooping problems.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yojimbo1963 New Member

Thanks everyone. Yes I agree they do have bigger issues than snooping. I think they need some open and honest communication. I think his possible mistrust issues may be a sign that he is not being trustworthy. Mostly, I was just hoping that she could see that it was easily possible, and look into it on her own.