1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

From MSN news - Glad its not Stanley (does that make me shallow?)

Discussion in 'Found on the Net' started by chinese crested, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Dog surgery not to be sniffed at

[​IMG]
    AP/UC Davis, Anton Lim

Kabang lost its snout while saving two girls in the Philippines (AP/UC Davis, Anton Lim)
    A dog that lost its snout while saving two girls in the Philippines has been taken to the US where vets will try to fix its injuries.
    Surgeons at University of California's veterinary medical teaching hospital in Davis looked over the mixed-breed dog named Kabang on Thursday.
    Kabang became a star in the Philippines after it got in front of a speeding motorcycle, saving the dog owner's young daughter and niece.
    But the crash took off its snout and upper jaw, and veterinarians in the Philippines were unable to treat the injury.
    Karen Kenngott, a critical care nurse from Buffalo, New York, spearheaded an online fundraising campaign for the dog's care.
    UC Davis surgeons say Kabang will need multiple surgeries, but they are confident they can improve its condition.

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Wow, that is crazy.