1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Gadhafi regime crumbling...and fast

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Eddie Getting Tilted

Nope. I've been there over a dozen times. The predominant language you will hear moroccans speaking is arabic, it's also the official language. There are certain places where you will hear more french being spoken, like casablanca. That's not to say that most moroccans don't speak french or at least understand it, but it's not even close to being the predominant language spoken in the country.

2. not to derail it again, but im an arab that lived in the the middle east and visited morocco too. I would always be spoken to in french first and arabic second when they realised i didnt speak french. Arabic is the official language but most moroccans ive met prefer french.

id rather talk about the other stuff i mention in my post rather than the fluffy stuff.

3. Eddie Getting Tilted

I never suggested that. I did however say that the Arab Spring is a massive jihad push. And watching radical islamic leadership replace the secular leadership in these Arab Spring countries just illustrates my point.

4. i thought that the arab spring was about the will of the people, not the will of the US/NATO/UK/et. al.

How are you equating the jihad push with the arab spring. id just like to know how you're connecting your dots. Is it the islamic influence on the country's constitution? or is it the revival of jihadi thought and action?

or are you just concerned that sharia low will prevail in egypt/libya/tunisia etc? is that the birth of jihad?

5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

It was an example. Holy fuck. If I had simply said, "What about all those Saudis?" you probably would have said, "What Saudis?" My mentioning these guys was not an invitation for you to go on a rant about your 9/11 conspiracy theory. My mentioning them was for the purpose of this thread and the topic of terrorism within the context of oil-rich Arab nations, including Libya.

You are either being obtuse or a troll.

That's entirely up to you. I hadn't even followed you into your 9/11 drivel.

I'll assume you either can't or don't want to answer my questions. I will move on from that if you wish.

6. Eddie Getting Tilted

I connect the dots by watching the islamic masses revolt against their secular leaders. And when the leaders are removed they are replaced with radical islamic leadership. It's a major victory for the forcible spread of islam and the unified front to wipe out israel and any western powers that get in their way.

7. Baraka_Guru

I'm curious as to whether you have any evidence of this or if this is just a fear of yours.

8. Eddie Getting Tilted

I'm not afraid of anything.

9. Baraka_Guru

Okay, so should I assume that you don't have any evidence, but you're "concerned" about all that stuff?

(By the way, I don't believe you aren't afraid of anything. I'm assuming you mean that you won't admit to being afraid, or that you refuse to let your fear govern your opinions and decision-making. There's a difference. You know what they say: courage is just feeling the fear and doing it anyway.)

10. Eddie Getting Tilted

How much time have you spent in muslim countries? If little to none, then I can understand why you would need evidence.

11. Baraka_Guru

I have a friend who's Muslim.... :oops:

Look, you claim that the Arab Spring is dislodging secular governments and replacing them with Islamic extremism. I wanted to know if you could show me this is the case. I've been reading otherwise; this is why I asked.

If this is just something you're concerned about and are surmising based on your time spent surfing, etc., in Muslim countries, then please let me know.

12. Eddie Getting Tilted

Surfing is what initially brought me to Morocco but that's not the only reason I go there. And I've traveled extensively in Egypt and Israel also. So, while you have a muslim friend who does his/her best to conform to a non-muslim country, it's not the same as being in a muslim country surrounded by the culture and feeling the impact of the religious extremism. In muslim countries, there is no escape from islam, you are bombarded by it on every front. It's like that because Islam is a totalitarian religion. And I'm not talking about the watered-down, liberal version of islam we see from our muslim countrymen here in north america.

13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Ever dawn on you that BG Muslim friend might live in a Muslim country?

14. Baraka_Guru

Eddie, I'm more interested in whether your position is a conjecture or not. I'm leaning more towards "a concern" rather than it being anything that's really happening.

And, for the record, Christianity is a totalitarian religion as well. I think all monotheistic religions are ultimately. We're talking about the Arab Spring, and I asked you if there is evidence that Islamic extremism is taking over the governance of nations that have changed governments. Do you know, or are you just guessing?

15. Eddie Getting Tilted

Given your vantage point, that's to be expected. By my conclusions are drawn from first hand experience in muslim countries.

16. Baraka_Guru

I went to Cuba a couple of years ago. Havana is awesome. Did you know they're doing another nuclear missile thing as we speak, but with China and Venezuela this time? Where is the hullabaloo about that?

Seriously, I'm gonna assume this: "My conjecture is drawn from first-hand experience in Muslim countries."

Because that's what it is, a conjecture. Given your vantage point, that's to be expected. A straightforward conclusion is based purely on reasoning, and you either refuse to or can't do that here with any real evidence.

17. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

Perhaps the evidence is just as "glaring" as the 9/11 Truth

/sorry

18. Eddie Getting Tilted

Do the mods see what I mean? It's not like I'm the one fueling these threadjacks.
    --- merged: Oct 28, 2011 8:41 PM ---
    Can a mod point me to the existing 9/11 thread so that I can post this evidence for Derwood?:

1. Destruction proceeds through the path of greatest resistance at nearly free-fall acceleration
    2. Improbable symmetry of debris distribution
    3. Extremely rapid onset of destruction
    4. Over 100 first responders reported explosions and flashes
    5. Multi-ton steel sections ejected laterally
    6. Mid-air pulverization of 90,000 tons of concrete & metal decking
    7. Massive volume of expanding pyroclastic-like clouds
    8. 1200-foot-diameter debris field: no "pancaked" floors found
    9. Isolated explosive ejections 20–40 stories below demolition front
    10. Total building destruction: dismemberment of steel frame
    11. Several tons of molten metal found under all 3 high-rises
    12. Evidence of thermite incendiaries found by FEMA in steel samples
    13. Evidence of explosives found in dust sample

19. redux

redux Very Tilted

So, based on your self-proclaimed first hand knowledge of Muslim countries, you know whats in the hearts and minds of the Muslim people across the Middle East and have concluded that Islam and democracy are incompatible.

Despite the fact that the moderate Islamic party won the plurality of votes in the recent elections in Tunisia and is working with liberal secular parties to form a government.

And the leading contender for president in Egypt is a moderate Muslim and a liberal part is leading the polls for parliamentary elections.

And the leader of the National Transition Council in Libya is a moderate Muslim.

But you know better. It is all a secret cover up for the coming jihad. :eek:

20. Derwood

Derwood Slightly Tilted

it's an inside job