1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Jul 26, 2011.

1. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Ser Pounce grows up to be a Ninja Kitty, and takes out the dragons.

2. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Now that's hillarious
    --- merged: Aug 15, 2011 at 9:36 AM ---
    I'm now about 1/3 of the way into A Storm of Swords. Still liking the series although I think Clash of Kings wasn't as good as book 1.

3. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

Oh snap. 1/3... You're in for a treat...

4. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

I can't wait! :)

5. ace0spades

ace0spades Slightly Tilted

Let me use a cliche in saying, "You know nothing, Daval." Winter is coming.

6. no128s

no128s New Member

For those, like me, that were pissed off at the end of A Dance With Dragons... I am sensing that what seemed to happen did not, or we are about to experience another risen one... There now have been two time I wanted to destroy GRRM and stop reading this series:
    First was when Robb Stark got killed at the Red Wedding.... I almost hunted down GRRM after that one... and the second was Jon Snow getting stabbed at the end of ADWD. He is either not dead, or will be raised by Mellisandre. I see the end of this being Jon Snow and Dany, perhaps not romantically, bu together restoring Westoros

Oh, and to add to our quotes from the series...

"The North never forgets"

7. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

Rumor has it that tv series 3 and 4 will partly be filmed in Iceland .

8. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Are they actively filming season 2 right now?

9. Xazy Vertical

Yes they began filming at the end of July.

10. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

11. Xazy Vertical

I did like Season 1 casting, especially Tyrion, I am a bit skeptical about the new characters. It is hard since I have already created how they look in my mind from the books.

Always the problem with bringing a book to the screen.

12. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

I am not at all pleased with their decision to rename characters. I guess they're concerned with Asha being too close to Arya or something? No idea. The people all look good for the parts, but I fail to see any reason to change them around.

13. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Asha apparently sounded too close to Osha. They've renamed her Yara, which sounds closer to Arya than the two original names. *facepalm*

14. Frosstbyte

I don't totally understand why having people confuse Asha with Osha is really a big deal. Yara does sound a like like Arya, especially as Arya's name gets mangled and goes through its many Clash of Kings permutations. Ooooooh well. /doublefacepalm

Edit: Let me clarify, I understand that people could misunderstand the name, but I don't think anyone will misunderstand that there are two different characters with similar names.

15. Chumley

Chumley New Member

I have just finished speeding through the first 4 books. Waiting til 5 comes out in paperback. I hate buying hardbacks, just take up way too much space. I have been pretty addicted to it despite the brutal endings some of our favorites will come to. There are certain things driving me nuts, things that various characters would love to know about other characters but don't (kind of like why I always hated the Snuffleupagus in Sesame Street). I like the story arc, but I'm afraid that he will destroy whatever I like. LOL. Favorite characters: I'm kind of traditional, so yes all the Starks... Sandor Clegane.... Tyrion definitely.... Jon Snow.... Brienne.... hell, the good guys!!! Which is somewhat situational in this series. Not sure what I think about Littlefinger. Evil, yea, evil.

Have not seen the show. Waiting for Netflix or whatever.

16. Xazy Vertical

If anyone needs I have a pdf that someone created for each book that lists a quick synopsis of every chapter.

17. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Thanks for the guide showing actors for season 2.

18. wolf Evil Grin

They shouldn't have renamed characters, it's easier to watch them as you can see their faces. Thank you for providing those links.

19. Frosstbyte

Has anyone who has read the books and watched the show had weird experiences with which characters from the show you've adopted in your brain as the archetype of the character? For example, when I read lord of the rings, the Peter Jackson actors were so definitively the characters that I can't read the books without envisioning them as I read. However, for this series, I seem to pick and choose pretty randomly. Robb, Arya and Tyrion are always their actors. Catelyn, Jaime and Cersei are never their actors. The others kind of depend on my mood and what I happen to be reading. I should also note this doesn't seem to have any correlation with how well I thought the parts were cast. I don't have strong feelings about Cat, but I did like both Jaime and Cersei in the show, they just haven't meshed into my brain like Robb, Ayra and Tyrion.

20. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

Yeah, I've heard that the books are awesome...guess I need to find the videos and see the visuals. At least it's new and 90% positive. That''s refreshing. Usually I'm happier if I read all the books first!