1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I want... I nay say, REQUIRE you to go get me some autographs. GO NOW! Godspeed, my foreign friend!

I'm excited for this season, get to meet some great characters and they are out of the "is this going to make it past the first season" gitters. Everything I'm seeing coming down the pipeline looks awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Want!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

I can get you some autographs of unknown Icelanders :) Iceland is only about the size of Kentucky so it's not likely that I run into anyone of the cast or crew.

4. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Yay! Can't wait!!!!

5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I have no desire to read the books having read a great variety of comments about them and the author, particularly his style.
    The advantage I have is that my son has read all the books. He's explained the strengths and the weaknesses, specifically because he knows I slogged through the middle of Lord of the Rings.
    I like the HBO series but don't love it and I think I'm fine for now watching it and having my 'encyclopedia' of the books handy to explain stuff that because it is so condensed onscreen is puzzling. If I fall in love with the show, I may read the books but I'm very aware of the time investment in them and I'm not a fast reader.

6. Zweiblumen

Update, The Icelandic National Broadcasting Service, showed clips from the filming that accidentally showed some characters costume that was supposed to remain unknown until airing of the series. I missed those clips on tv and they were edited before they were made available on their website.

7. Baraka_Guru

"The night is dark and full of terrors."

8. Baraka_Guru

"The cold winds are rising."

9. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Ive read through book two now. Main disappointment:

Joffrey had Sansa beaten up in the presence of Sandor and although he got pissed off and shouted at one of the Kings Guard to stop it, I was more hoping that his response would to be to kill several of them and then slaughter Joffrey like a pig as well.

I still hold out hopes he will redeem himself through some act of insane violence and butchery in the defence of something or someone good: but I expected it then and there. I suppose you can always hope that if Tyrion hadnt turned up and put an end to it Sandor would have killed someone. Maybe he needs a bit more to push him over the edge and find his soul.

I found myself hating Cat a bit less than I did (although I still dont like her, vicious little monster that she is), starting to hate Brann instead (alright the kids had a lot of hard luck, just dont like him), kind of liking Jaime a bit (at least he is honest with himself that he is a butcher)- but Daeny is still the only character I actually am cheering for. She is honorable and she is more powerful individually than even the great warriors and leaders. Although the general tone of the books is often pretty sexist, I find it somewhat redeemed that by far the strongest character is a woman.

10. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Good comments, I agree with most of them. I like Jaime a lot as well!

11. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

Well...
    when I looked on Google for pics of how the characters looked in the TV show, I found a load of Sandor & Sansa love stories/pics... and that seems pretty wrong. For a start because she is 12 and he is (I read anyway) in his mid to late 20's. And he also really IS a killer. When he rescues Sansa from the mob in book 2 I would believe he would have carved through any number of men to get to her and save her... but after he has his next concern is with his horse and he uncaringly leaves other nobles behind to be raped or killed... He isn't and cant be a good guy. He cant just meet someone goof (if Sansa isnt actively good there is at least nothing bad in her) and wash himself clean of all the people he has killed. The reason I liked him is I don't think he would want too. He is a hard man is hard times, but he is not some dog.

I always kind of thought that Joffrey didnt ask Sandor to hit Sansa when he made the other Kings Guard do it all the time because on some level he was scared of him and sensed that he would not tolerate it. But that Sandor stood there while she was being beat up and did nothing but whine about it and it was Tyrion who stopped it is pretty lame... I only hope he slits Joffrey's throat at a later date in remembrance of it... maybe Jaime's too if he wants to do something about it.

12. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

A couple of weeks ago I finally got around to reading some of the books and watching the series. I'm most of the way through the 3rd book, and I'm hooked. It takes a while to get rolling in the first book, and to start to differentiate the characters (too many weird names, too many that are close to each other in name, or rarely mentioned but important). But once I got about 1/3 into the first book I was pretty set on watching the series and finishing the rest of the books. Season One was well done, typical of HBO, I'm really looking forward to Season Two.

I do continually finding myself going "ARRGH!!" at some of the plot twists/endings of various main characters though. But sometimes when reading other books I say to myself "just once there shouldn't be a happy, predictable ending."

13. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Exactly.

14. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

It is one of the strengths of these books that no character is sacred. Your favourite character is just as likely to be killed as the most insignificant character.

15. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

16. Baraka_Guru

I found it to be a mixed blessing.

17. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^
    The content beneath Cyn's spoiler had me slapping my thigh with a mixture of amusement and solidarity. Highly embarassed solidarity, I'll grant ye.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

Hillarious reaction!

19. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Wow. Some people really wrap their emotions into things.

That guy is what idiocy looks and sounds like. It doesn't smell very good.

I couldn't go beyond a couple minutes... I can't believe it goes on for 12.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zweiblumen

Game of Thrones Season2 : Shadow Tease

Give your self a pat on the back if you can spot what was filmed in Iceland.

• Like Like x 2