1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by cynthetiq, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

"A very small man can cast a very large shadow...."

Croatia is looking pretty good for King's Landing....

2. Baraka_Guru

There are now some photos of Season 2 floating around, including shots of new characters. There was one new character in particular I was concerned about regarding the look. It's not fully accurate, but I'm pleased enough with the result.

Allow me introduce to you Brienne of Tarth (aka "the Maid of Tarth" and "Brienne the Beauty"):

(Mind you, the actor stands at 6'3")

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

She's PERFECT! Outstanding!

4. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

I was a bit worried about this character - she plays quite a large role really. I saw pictures of the actress and my first thought was "she is too good looking", but the short hair, armour and dirty face kinda help that :)

5. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

It also helps that she is 6 foot 3 inches tall.

6. Baraka_Guru

I keep bringing her height up on purpose. Brienne is supposed to be taller than everyone except Gregor Clegane and Hodor.

7. Tophat665

I agree that initial pictures had me concerned that she might be too pretty for the role, and I had pictured the character looking less like Gary Oldman in The Fifth Element and more like Paul L. Smith in Dune, but I think the makeup work they did on her, specifically to modify the appearance of her jawline and upper lip, at the very least gets her to Hollywood Homely, which is really all we could expect, or maybe just a bit beyond. I'd argue that indications are that Beauty Inversion has been successfully deployed here.

8. Baraka_Guru

She will only come alive in the acting. The acting will be key: awkward and stubborn.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tophat665

Spot on analysis, there. I've read all the books to date, and am eagerly awaiting the DVDs for season 1. Haven't seen any of the show yet.

10. Baraka_Guru

I've seen all the episodes once. I'm eagerly awaiting the Blu-ray release so I can see it again for the first time.

I don't have HDTV. The regular broadcast looked pretty shitty quality-wise. I suspect that since everything is digital that the compression/picture quality for "regular" tv is an afterthought.

In many of the scenes, I'd think to myself: "I can't wait to see that on Blu-ray!"

11. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It looked really nice in HDTV, when we could get the full HD going without Comcast resetting our box.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

I think you'll thoroughly enjoy watching it. It does a very good job with the source material, in general. Cutting appropriately, and embellishing in some surprisingly appropriate places.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

6 weeks to go!

14. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

Here's my question. How the hell is season one not out on DVD already???

15. Charlatan

• Like Like x 3
  16. Tophat665

Due out in March IIRC. The Missus has it on order on Blu-Ray already. I think my kids are going to have a conniption getting thrown out of the TV room one Saturday...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Baraka_Guru

March 6.

For those of you who haven't looked at a calendar recently, that's in 13 days!

(Sorry, I don't have HDTV and so I haven't "seen" Season One yet.)

18. aphex140

aphex140 Vertical

We have to wait till 02-04-12 for Season 2. AS long as the Episode do not drift to far from the books it will be great. Still not read the third in the series.

19. Baraka_Guru

Pardon my Dothraki, but this is looking fucking awesome!

"Nothing matters but how it ends."

• Like Like x 2
  20. Charlatan

I can't wait for this. They've been airing season one for a second time here and it's fun to watch. It's also so innocent compared to what is to come.