1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Get Baked and Take Pictures

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Lordeden, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

I know we got some amateur bakers on this forum, let's see your best work!

Here is a loaf of english bread I baked today.

(See what I did there, with the title... yeah... you liked it.)

Farl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got it from 100 Great Breads by Paul Hollywood

• Like Like x 2
  2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Great idea for a thread.

I don't have anything new to post so I going to post my bagels from a few weeks back. They were just so damn tasty.
    [​IMG]

3. zooksport2

zooksport2 Vertical

I'm hungry now.... and I'm broke

4. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

I made a pirate ship chocolate cake for my twins birthday last weekend.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's not bread, but I did bake it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lordeden

It's not about what you baked, just the fact you baked something. Cakes, cookies, pie, whatever you baked, you can show it off here.

Everybody should get baked, it's good for the soul.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sgbsteve

sgbsteve Getting Tilted

I've been wanting to try making bread someday. Maybe I'll soon that someday will come.

7. Charlatan

I love that cake!

I hope your kid liked it.

8. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

They did - and the rest of the kids too. My nephew insisted on having the piece with the mast, and loads of "canon balls" :) The best compliment I got was the people telling my wife her cake was great. Usually she's the one making cakes because she's just awesome at baking stuff and did sell wedding- and birthday cakes in prehistoric times - so that was some good compliments for me :)

9. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

Decided to bake bread rolls for breakfast/lunch for my kids. Not wanting to spend a lot of time baking - and getting up at 5 am to prepare the dough I settled for no-knead cold-rise bread rolls.

The dough was easy to prepare. After our Sunday dinner I just stirred together 500g of wheat flour, 1/4 ts dry yeast (!), 1 1/2 ts salt and 400 ml cold(!) water. The resulting mix was very wet/loose. Then I covered the bowl with plastic and left in on the counter.
    [​IMG]
    Come Monday morning and behold - magic had happened. Even with as little yeast as a quarter of a tea spoon the mix has doubled in size! While I showered, the oven heated to 220 degrees Celsius.
    [​IMG]
    Using spoons dipped in water I put the sticky dough into our cup cake pan. It was surprisingly fluffy and elastic.
    [​IMG]
    Then it went into the oven for 15 min (while I was waking up the kids) and could present my spawn for fresh baked bread rolls for breakfast :)
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow I'm making it even simpler. Mixed everything in a bread pan. Just have to pop it in the oven tomorrow morning, and we should have sandwich bread for breakfast :)

10. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

freeload, what were the reviews from your taste testers?

11. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

They where favorable - and they are looking forward to tomorrows batch of bread ;)
    I'm a little exited myself as I also made the dough right in the bread pan. If it works it'll be the easiest bread I've ever made. It took me less than three minutes from fetching ingredients from the closet to being done with the dough. A tea spoon and a spatula was all I had to clean :)

12. Lordeden

Great looking break freeload! I think I might have to try that myself.

13. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

[​IMG]

These are two loaves of whole wheat bread I baked today, at about 60% hydration.

14. streak_56

streak_56 I'm doing something, going somewhere...

I like your home grown..... fresh bread is my favourite!

15. Charlatan

Looking good Snowy! You too freeload.

16. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

The bread above is the first time I've baked strictly using baker's percentages and knowledge from my own head. No cookbook involved.

Yesterday I baked a loaf of what I'm calling applesauce-oat bread, also my own original recipe. I won't write down a recipe just yet, as it needs some adjustments. I baked the first batch without sugar, as the applesauce itself was sweetened, the intention being that I will bake another batch and increase the sugar until I hit the right sweetness.

I've decided to let baking become a science experiment.

17. Lordeden

I think you need this snowy.

[​IMG]

Linky

• Like Like x 4
  18. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

Love that apron Eden!

19. Lordeden

• Like Like x 1