1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food GMO food....whatda' ya think?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by DAKA, Jan 20, 2017.

1. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I highly doubt I will get cancer from the potatoes I eat, and am far more likely to get cancer or have health problems from the policies the politicians backed by GMO companies and big agribusiness farmers impose on the rest of us with their monetary might. Dumping coal waste in the rivers, not monitoring fracking waste, and removing vehicle emission controls will all be much more damaging to my health.

So, it doesn't matter if GMOs are good for humans or not, the anti-environmental right wing politicians that the money goes to is the real problem.

2. wye

wye Getting Tilted

You're poisoning the well by inexplicably linking GM foods to fossil fuels. By reducing tillage, pesticide application, and spoilage, GM crops require less energy per unit of food produced and have a smaller carbon footprint than non-GM counterparts.

If you object to agricultural biotech companies lobbying politicians who oil companies also lobby, you must also object to telecommunications, automotive, insurance, and indeed all other business sectors for doing the same.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mortee22 New Member

This is interesting

• Like Like x 1
  4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

5. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I worry a lot more about the transformation of rural America from small family farms to large industrial ones. And the people left behind running those farms are only out to make more money regardless of the consequences.

And the mismanagement from the government on subsidies and regulations to protect the security of the food (soil health and seed embargo potential) and the restaurants and grocery stores not reducing their prices when food gets cheaper is another big problem. And by purchasing GMO products it won't get the government to change their policies anytime soon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f849912eff8a

• Like Like x 1