1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

God Bless America - the feelgood movie of the year

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by the_jazz, Mar 27, 2012.

1. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

2. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

Oh. My.
    I am at the same time totally nauseated and thoroughly elated.
    I'm filing this one in the same headspace as Se7en and Eyes Wide Shut. Movies I have no idea what I think about.

3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I hope it's good.

It's like a cross between Falling Down, the Hit-Girl and Bid Daddy subplot of Kick-Ass, the work of Louis C.K., and a Woody Allen film.

So, yeah, I hope it's good.

Oh, and Bobcat Goldthwait? I just realized that he's made a few interesting features lately. This one premiered at last year's TIFF.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  4. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I remember seeing this trailer. I was like WTF?!?!?!? It better be as sublime, underrated, and good as Falling Down.

5. Hektore

Hektore Slightly Tilted

I don't see any world in which this will be average/passable. It will either be one of the greatest or worst films ever.

Also:

Did she hit a chick in the face with her bloody tampon?!!!

There should be a word for that.

6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

7. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

You just know that somewhere in America someone will not realise that this is a comedy.

I always worry about films like this and my worry is "did we just see the best bits in a 2 minute trailer and going to see the whole film will just be disappointment?"