1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye, uncle phil (NSFW - he would have wanted it that way)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by hankster, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

I've sat here for the better part of 10 minutes trying to find the proper words... they are elusive but there are two that reverberate loudly

Thank You.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Cwtch38

Cwtch38 Bat Shit Crazy

I am sitting here in Swansea , Wales, Uk at 4.25pm at my desk in work with tears in my eyes over the death of a man whom I never met.
    He was very special as he gained the respect and love of people literally all over the world.
    Sleep well Uncle Phil. x

• Like Like x 4
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I spent some time trying to think of what to say. I haven't found any word to express my sadness. So here's to you Phil. You meant so much to so many. You will be missed.

• Like Like x 6
  4. I am here to pay my respects to Phil.
    My condolences to all the Philistines out there.
    His memory is in good hands.

• Like Like x 12
  5. Buddah

Buddah New Member

If it isn't too much to ask, I'd like to be a part of this, Marilyn. I'd understand if you'd say no, but if I am not deployed or out of the country, I'd like to come.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I just touched base with two old friends of Phil's from TFP of earlier days.
    Supple Cow and Ubertuber send a huge amount of love and warm thoughts to both Phil and his family.

I'm glad he has peace now, and that the Hospice goddesses were able to help him manage his pain.

• Like Like x 10
  7. hankster

hankster LONG time resident

Bodkin said it best...

"When amazing people die, I'm always struck by the beauty and tenderness that arises as a response to their passing. This thread is beautiful and I think we'd all be lucky to generate half the beauty in dying that has come about in phil's final weeks. He is loved. "

overall, i believe we have come to look at our own mortality... in saying that, what we have here is not really a community but a family... one that truely looks to others for advice, guidance, support and maybe just to share an ear to express our thoughts...

many of us have been here a long time and have seen many changes, it's like the seasons, we wait for spring to watch the flowers pop up, the leaves return to the trees, the air to warm our hearts, the time together with our families thru summer and then the fall with all the colors surrounding us in the beauty mother earth has to offer... to be huddled in the warmth of a fire and to watch the snow fall doesn't get any better than that...

this is what it's all about my friends... and i will sincerely suck up every fucking bit of it... till next spring, i will miss the flowers but enjoy the fire and warmth it brings while i listen to our world turn quiet in the snow...

God bless you all

hank

• Like Like x 16
  8. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

"It was a hell of a ride".

Fair enough, mate. My tears are flowing. Peace be with you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

I'm right there with you Zen!
    --- merged: Oct 9, 2012 at 9:57 PM ---
    Thank you Glory's Sun absolutely perfect!
    I'm right there with you Zen!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  10. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

Damn. Completely missed this thread. Gonna miss you, Phil.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fly

Fly music is the answer

that is fACKing awesome cynthetiq

good on you man.........

• Like Like x 2
  12. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Ahh, still no bourbon, only Scotch, but the tears are flowing. I'll miss my uncle. His name alone summed up what he was for many of us young ones.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Idyllic

Idyllic Vertical

Hello Phil’s Marilyn, i am idyllic. i only know you from uncle phil’s posts, pictures, personality, but i imagine you as amazing as he, albeit somewhat more, “refined” i shall say. i want to begin with Thank You for helping to create such an amazing man as you have in the relationship you have had with your man, he has truly been blessed with your love and devotions, your presence in his life has seasoned him far beyond comprehension, probably more then you know, and more then he will ever tell you, men can be that way. i want to thank you for sharing him the way you have with all of us here and trusting him as you have to know where his heart truly lives, that would be within yours, we just got to see the dynamic layers of his interesting mind.

i wish i could find words to help you at this time, but their simply are none. i have faith that you will carry his love with you and will persevere in your life as he would demand you do so, as do we all, for you carry his memory more then any of us and with it you carry our love for him also. i hope that you will continue to pop in once in a while and know what he meant to us, but i imagine that might carry a burden all its own, it is as though, through you, we can have a bit more of him, but i think that would just frustrate him to think that you would be mired in a memory when he would really want you to not be mired at all, so don’t. We all would love to know you but we understand that the memories of this place may haunt more than help, however, being wrong is my strong point, ask anyone, your presence is oh so welcomed, and even more wanted, more than you know.

It has been an honor in my life to known uncle phil, and to know you through him, i could tell the bond you two have and am humbled to have even been an outsider in your beautiful love affair, it will continue in your heart forever, he will never truly leave you and your love will carry him into the peace his body deserves. May you find comfort in his resolve, and know that you will never be alone in this life, though you may feel lonely at times, the gift of true love has touched you and can never be taken from you, you know what it feels like and uncle phil does not seem like the kind of man who would expect you to never experience that again. Remember this was his time, not yours.

Celebrate his life, his love, his vitality, celebrate him, and celebrate the life you two shared together, i can’t imagine this man would be content to see you suffer even one moment on this earth, his departure simply defines his destiny and you so filled his life with love, you created a life for him so filled with love that every single member of tfp knows you, knows his love for you, do not deny your own destiny to be as happy as you have made him and as happy as he made you, I can feel him demanding you to be happy in your life, always. i write these words as though they spill from me and i can no longer stop them, falling into your ears, whispers of forever, no fears, no fears, moving forward with the memories of your love, but loving life, loving life Marilyn, loving life as the loving life you gave him. He will be waiting for you, but don’t hurry, he has lots of pictures and memories and your happiness, your happiness, all the happiness you gave him, your happiness, find happiness, it is so important to him that you find happiness, he wants you to be happy in your life, if not for yourself, then for him, don’t let him down, you never have before, don’t you let him down now when he needs you the most so his transition can be as fulfilled as the life you gave him, find happiness again, i want to say that’s an order. You aren’t just Phil’s Marilyn, you ARE his Marilyn Monroe, You, it was all you.

i have been away, i wrote this on 9/24, and just couldn’t post it, now i must. i hope these words are o.k., they poured on paper like tears, but they filled my heart with hope, the hope of everlasting life. we are all together on this ride, but it will definitely be a bit lonelier now, but ride on we must till each and every one of us just can’t ride anymore, and then we will all ride on together.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Goodbye, my uncle, my friend. Thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Wyvers

Wyvers New Member

Farewell Uncle Phil

16. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Man, am I sorry to hear of Phil's passing. He and I never had many interactions, but holy crap did I love his style. He was a magnificent specimen of the old school, and they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

In the Jewish tradition, they say of those who've passed on, zichrono livrachah, which means "may his memory be a blessing." With Phil that seems less like a wish and more like a statement of fact. We were all lucky to have interacted with him.

Phil's Marilyn, if you're reading this, our hearts are with you.

• Like Like x 8
  17. I rarely drink dark spirits, but this feels like a B&C kind of night.

• Like Like x 2
  18. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

See ya later Phil.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

Well, is my humble opinion...Heaven just got a whole lot better cuz our Uncle Phil is there to preside and send good vibes down here. He will be missed and always honored!! Life is good, but Heanen is beyond anything wonderful we can imagine....

• Like Like x 3
  20. This dive doesn't have O. G. A suitable toast will happen at a different venue :(

• Like Like x 2