1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye, uncle phil (NSFW - he would have wanted it that way)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by hankster, Sep 3, 2012.

1. cchris

cchris New Member

Farewell Uncle Phil.
    You were one of the classiest guys ever to grace this site.
    Funny and always one to reply to a post.
    Carve em up wherever you may be now.

• Like Like x 3
  2. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350043579.243032.jpg I took these to the tiger temple for morning prayers and breakfast with the monks and tigers.

• Like Like x 11
  3. shanifaye

shanifaye Dominissive

Thats awesome Cyn

4. How sad. :/ Death is a reminder about how precious this gift called life is, for me at least. I'll try extra hard to be appreciative. RIP UnclePhil.

• Like Like x 3
  5. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Pardon my unoriginality as I've said the same thing before on this kind of occasion. As tragic as it is to lose him, it would have been a far greater tragedy had we not had him at all. And, as advice columnist Dan Savage so eloquently put it, grief is the price we pay for lasting love.

• Like Like x 11
  6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Whenever someone passes on from this life, I like to think of one thing that I admire most about them.

In the case of uncle phil, there are many qualities to like, and many have been listed here.

What do I admire most about him? Not only was he loath to suffer fools, he never did. That takes a lot of discipline and resolve, and he always did it with a rather charming frankness. That, my friends, is admirable.

Unfortunately, many of you weren't able to see this as demonstrated in his comments over the years in the staff back channels, but phil was certainly consistent in this respect.

He will be forever missed.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 9
  7. A stool at the bar stands sadly empty. Goodnight Uncle Phil, guess we will all join you at the next watering hole when they call 'time' on us all at this one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Idyllic

Idyllic Vertical

Thinking about you today, wishing your words would appear. Miss you here Uncle Phil.

I know you are finally resting, sometimes it's just to painful to stay, I don't wonder why, I don't wonder when, I am just blessed to know the pain ends one day for all of us and we will all be home together. Blessings be with you Phil's Marilyn.

9. Innocentmiss

Innocentmiss Getting Tilted

Condolences, n I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to know him well, RIP x

10. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

Wow. I've taken a bit of a break from the TFP, and this was the first thing I saw when I got back. RIP UnclePhil

11. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I'm on my way back to the US and I'm exhausted. I can't believe a whole week has passed. It seems like so long ago but not.

12. ktspktsp

ktspktsp Vertical

Goodbye, Uncle Phil... RIP.

13. hankster

hankster LONG time resident

cyn... send me a key chain (or two), please... you have my number... and be well - thinkin' of ya!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Marilyn just wrote this a moment ago on the Caring Bridge site

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Respect.

• Like Like x 11
  15. ottopilot

ottopilot New Member

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die. Thomas Campbell

Peace be with you Phil

• Like Like x 4
  16. james t kirk

james t kirk New Member

Very sad news.

As someone who has lost both his parents to cancer, I have stood in the shadows and watched how this disease works. It terrifies me even years later.

Although I am not a particularly religious person by any means, I hope that there is more to life that what we see on the mortal side of the line. If there is any comfort in death, it is for me found in the idea that death is not good-bye, only see you later. Although I have never met Uncle Phil I always enjoyed reading his posts and I am shocked to read of his passing. Good to have known you Uncle Phil. Good to have known you.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Saltpork

Saltpork New Member

farewell, UnclePhil. You were a good man. You were clearly loved by many here, and we'll always have the memories of better times.

• Like Like x 1
  18. warrrreagl

warrrreagl Slightly Tilted

Uncle Phil, you old perverted bastard. I shall trip a small child in your honor, sir. Farewell.

• Like Like x 4
  19. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

He'd like that. Better if you push the kid too.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Buddah

Buddah New Member

Don't forget to take the lollypop too..

• Like Like x 2