1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Handwriting recognition & Cell Phones

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by genuinemommy, Nov 2, 2013.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I hate tiny screen keyboards on phones. I miss the handwriting recognition features that I had on my mini PC in the early-mid 2000s. Is there a smart phone that has fully integrated handwriting recognition? It looks like the new samsung galaxy note does it, but it's awfully huge. Do most androids have it now? What are my options?

2. curiousbear

curiousbear Terse & Bizarre

Galaxy Notes have but you are right they are crazy large. You could also explore bluetooth keyboard extentions for many phones

3. curiousbear

Btw handwriting has to be a phone (hardware) feature. The touch screen technology also matters. Please post back what you find out. Thanks

4. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

You don't have to have handwriting recognition to ditch the inconvenience of tapping on a tiny keyboard. A lot of people I know love Swiftkey. I am a gigantic weirdo and tried spending 6 weeks using nothing but 8pen, and well over a year later I'm still using it.

5. curiousbear

Swiftkey came with my phone when i bought it. It is amazing actually. GG give it a shot.

Nope sorry the one that came with phone was called swype. Similar but not same. Let me try the SwiftKey Trail.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  6. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I looooove Swiftkey. It's way more intuitive than Swype. It's all I use.

7. curiousbear

yes i started using and already realized it - god it is so accurate...

I just thought with QWERTY keyboard and they swiftkey swipes... each word can be like a graphic/picture - yup like japanese/chinese!!!!!

8. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

You could also use the voice to text features on your phone. I find they work quite well when I choose to use them.

9. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Than you for all of the suggestions!