1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts,

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by asio, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I find active proselytization to be crass. I also find it at least a little offensive when people assume that I am incapable of learning and assembling a satisfying theology on my own. And mildly offensive that the teachings of my own culture's religion might be somehow insufficient, and that I would be better served by laying them aside for someone else's.

• Like Like x 4
  2. asio

asio New Member

You can avoid the creator, but you cannot say He doesn't exist. Whether or not you accept the creator's authority is your business; but you cannot say there is no creator.

For example :- there are so many outlaws who say, "We don't want to obey the government." If you don't like the government, that is your business. But there is a government -- you can't deny that.

• Old Old x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

@asio , I believe you might have barked up the wrong tree there... I wouldn't question @Levite on this matter, if anyone here has some insight, he does.
    Then again, you're new. And you don't know your fellow members yet.

Don't assume that if someone doesn't believe as you or that you're pushing your ideas, that they don't have faith. (not that we here push for faith either, that's up to the individual, this is a fairly equitable and open board)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

@asio, listen to @rogue49.

@Levite is probably the most knowledgeable person on this forum theologically speaking.
    If you want a civil discussion or debate with him, please proceed. Just be ready to back-up everything you say because he will thoroughly question everything you say.
    If you think that you're going to bully and insult him, & get away with it, you're in for an intellectual beatdown.

• Like Like x 1
  5. asio

asio New Member

`1st of all who is he ? who is he ? is that he is another authority ? alright give me another ( verifaible and tangible ) explanation right now.
    special note : and if you dont have got any other solid, verifiable and tangible explanation then keep your nonsense baloney to yourself and to your fellow cats, dogs, and pigs. ( cuz after all this place is not better then any fools paradise.)

special note 2 ) and keep `1 thing in your ( dull brain ) that you cant impose ( or shit burdon of proof ) your authority on us. ( The Hare Krishnas.)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    • Old Old x 1
  6. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Special Note:

When you love God, you love everyone and everything.
    Srila Prabhupada, Beyond Illusion and Doubt

Special Note 2:

Humility is a natural symptom of those who love God.

• Like Like x 2
  7. asio

asio New Member

so child is not interested for education. but it is duty of the father to make him educated, sometimes father punish him. so child may be foolish, but how the parents can be foolish ??

what is your answer ? ( will full ignorant )

• Old Old x 1
  8. Baraka_Guru

Most children hunger for education. The duty of the teacher is to teach, but a teacher must also learn. Discipline comes from within and without. A fool becomes wise by virtue of awareness.

The "answer" is awareness. We all struggle with ignorance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. asio

asio New Member

so child may be foolish, but how the parents can be foolish ??

what is your answer ? my dear so called wise (dullard )

• Old Old x 1
  10. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Excuse me, but have you heard the testament of our Lord and Savior, the Yatogami? For five yen, he'll make your wish come true!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Baraka_Guru

Anyone who thinks and/or acts through ignorance is foolish. It can be a child or an adult. Ignorance does not discriminate.

But a fool who recognizes his own ignorance becomes wise.

• Like Like x 1
  12. asio

asio New Member

so you mean 2 + 2 = 3 or 5 ? ( just see the fun ) and i have to believe such an nonsense rascal like you ? ( just see the folly.)

and as far as question of this practical explanation so its neither 3 nor 5 its 2 + 2 = 4. now weather you believe it or not believe it doesnt matters ( but fact is fact.) the law of forgetfullness.

• Old Old x 1
  13. Baraka_Guru

No. Of course not. Why do you think that? Please demonstrate.

What doesn't make sense to you? Do you think that thinking through ignorance is wise? Do you think that acting through ignorance is wise? Do you think an adult is automatically wise by virtue of age? Do you think that ignorance affects us arbitrarily?

There is no need to resort to name-calling. We discourage that here, as we try to keep this place a safe and welcoming place to share ideas.

Also, name-calling devalues your position.

You will have to unpack your mathematical metaphor, as it assumes itself to be true. You must demonstrate this in practical terms.

Believe what? Forgetfulness? It's not that hard. What we do with it is what matters. This is why it's important to focus on the present if we have problems with the past.

First: We encourage discussion here, not avoid it.

Second: This is a mixed metaphor. If you want to influence others, you should work on your metaphors.

I don't even know what you're arguing. You seem to argue against some pretty basic things, which is odd.

Then you make these huge assumptions. We forget things, so that means there's this great being we should accept as an authority?

That's not an argument. That's a weak hypothesis.

14. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

As a side note they have found that forgetting things keeps you sane and helps your long term memory.

Forgetting keeps us sane - Salon.com

• Like Like x 1
  15. asio

asio New Member

i have already demonstrated whatever i want to demonstrate in that practical explanation. but now you are simply imposing ( or shifting burdon of proof )your authority on us.

now simply point out that what kind of verifiable and tangible you have explained yet ?

and simply tell me that why shall i follow any street dog like you ? who are you ? and what is your position ? are you another authority ? alright then explain another explanation right now.

• Old Old x 1
  16. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

non-theological internet tip: Do not feed the trolls.

But, if you're in the mood to cross bridges today...just make sure your horns are buffed and ready. ;)
    Sometimes it's fun to try your hooves on the boards...make good clacking sounds to provoke the fury vs. your gruff.

2nd non-theological internet tip: don't mess with the mods. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Baraka_Guru

Um, the burden of proof became yours when you asserted your claim. That's how the burden of proof works. It's not our responsibility to prove your claim; it's yours.

I'm not sure what you mean here. There are too many grammatical errors in your sentence. Can you rephrase this please? I don't want to misunderstand you.

I'm not asking you to follow me. It's your responsibility to take your own path. (Will you please stop calling me names? Kudos for speaking like Conan the Cimmeran though. I'm a big fan.)

These are irrelevant in this matter.

Explanation for what? Forgetfulness? It's called being human. We are imperfect, limited creatures in a universe broader than any of us can fully understand. Is that what you mean?

Again, I'm not shifting the burden of proof to you. It was already on you when you made a claim. It's not my responsibly to prove your claim.

Special Note:
    Look, you seem to be here only to proselytize some brand of Hinduism. Unfortunately, I'm not interested in that faith from that perspective.

You are welcome to continue your enjoyment of such, but please know that if you continue to call people names, argue in bad faith, and generally be a bully, I cannot guarantee that you will remain welcome here.

Also, Lord Krishna would not approve of such behaviour.

18. asio

asio New Member

no word jugglery is wanted ) simply tell me what kind of explanation you have got which supports your authority ? and if you have got no explanation which is verifaible and tangible. then who cares for such an street dog like you ?

you are expert only at imposing or shifting burdon of proof but now when you are asked to explain another explanation on that you will be dumb founded. ( which is just an fact )

• Old Old x 1
  19. Baraka_Guru

I made no claim to an authority. That was you. The burden of proof for that is therefore on you.

Do you call me names and resort to hate because your authority tells you to?

20. asio

asio New Member

if you are not the authority then there is no meaning in beating the dead horse like you.( simply waste of time )

and as i said before that whatever i wanted to explain i have already explained in that practical explanation. my proof is there in that practical explanation.

• Old Old x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.